News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did you guys see this turbo Challenger?

Started by Wakko, April 18, 2006, 12:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

I did a search, didn't see it posted before.  AS much as I cringe with the cut fender...the car is just so COOL.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/index.php?topic=60245.0
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lostsheep

SeattleCharger

Can you get a fuel injected intake manifold for a 440? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Troy

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on April 18, 2006, 01:42:41 AM

Can you get a fuel injected intake manifold for a 440? 

I don't think you can just buy one off the shelf but there's a lot of places that will modify one.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

bull

That looks pretty cool. Despite the lameness of cutting the fender that cold air intake is the only way to go. You'd think he could have come up with some kind of hood scoop though. And how is he ever going to get to the spark plugs on the passenger side? If it were a Hemi he wouldn't have that problem. ;D

Charger_Fan

The face of a MADMAN!!! :icon_smile_evil:  :lol:

I'm liking how clean the overall idea is, it's certainly cleaner than a lot of other ideas out there. Hacking out the inner fender like that sure makes me cringe though...which got me thinking. Why doesn't he locate the turbo at the rear of the car, the same way that those aftermarket companies do who make kits for GTO's, 'Stangs & Vette's? http://www.ststurbo.com/how_it_works :ahum: Then he wouldn't have to hack out any sheetmetal & he'd have the added benefit of cooler underhood temps (not frying all his paint off the shock tower) & more underhood room.
That's what I'd do, at least. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

2Gunz

Dunno but I think I hear somebody yelling ..... DOH!!!  Right this second.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: doctorpimp on April 18, 2006, 07:45:57 AM
I don't think they sell the manifold alone, Edelbrock makes a kit:
http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/perpmprefisy.html

nope - they dont make that kit for B-blocks....    only RB blocks....       the only "fuel injection manifold" i know of for the B-block mopar is the INDY intake that has to be drilled - but has the extra flashing for injectors....
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Blakcharger440

It almost looked like he welded those struts that hold the turbo stable to his driver side cylinder head  :o
but its just a plate.
Me likey! That sucker should haul when he puts the hammer down!!!!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RT/SE

Very different, you just don't see lots of Hot Rodded Turbo Charged early Mopars.  Passenger side looks real cozy.  I would hate to be the one doing any work in that area.  Not crazy about the cut inner fender but that would be pretty easy to change down the road if someone took a different direction. 

rt green

it was the summer of 2006. i pulled my vette along side this purple challenger, thinking....i could take this guy.......................
third string oil changer

SeattleCharger

In my engine rebuild class a couple weeks ago the teacher had his sons Dodge Dakota R/T pick up in the shop.  He started it up and explained about the motor.   His son had almost the identical fuel injected manifold as that.    But the Dokota's V8 was supercharged.   So he had to put on that manifold because of the big difference in fuel.  It has the eight injectors next to the intakes, and then two big injectors in the middle top, where the big neck is.   

The teacher was explaining how much better injection was over carbs, and that carbs were such a limiting factor on old engines.   I asked if you could go to fuel injection on a 440, he didn't know about getting a manifold for an old engine.

That site link someone mentioned has the manifold, the whole kit, looks sweet, but dang, big bucks.    But it says it works with a mild cam and modest internal parts.   The cfm is 1000 and the horsepower gain is in the 300's?    I am wondering how that can be.    Where would the extra air going in the manifold come from?  Would it help that much without a supercharger or blower?   I don't know.   Also, when the teacher's son first put on the supercharger the motor blew.  Now the motor is really built up and stroked and gets about 650 hp.   Runs really smooth, but its a Dakota with 650 hp, can't get the thing to hook up. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Charger_Fan

Anyone else notice how many Mopar guys there are on that site? I surfed through some of their other threads & clued into some of their sigs.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparsons

Lostsheep

Quote from: rt green on April 19, 2006, 06:19:21 AM
it was the summer of 2006. i pulled my vette along side this purple challenger, thinking....i could take this guy.......................
My plan is along the same level.......Catchin some all out hot rodder off guard. :o

http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?p=80853&highlight=#80853