News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally have the cragars on,and a few dumb questions

Started by andy74, June 29, 2006, 08:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

i have the 15x10s on the rear,goodyear 295/50 15s and they look really good,15 x7s on the front with 255/60 15s that also rock!!! found some decent deals locally that got me used wheels,new tires on the rear and almost new on the front-pics will follow in the am!!

now my dumb questions,with unilug wheels,is it normal for there to be some of the slot in the lug area to show even after the wheels are on?i really am not sure that the parts guys sold me the right lugs,and i am planning on driving my carto carlisle next weekend and dont want any issues-sorry to ask such a stupid question,but i have never had any unilug wheels so i am at a loss? ???

dodge freak

Not sure but go find a auto store that has all the lug nuts out in the open and look around, I know they make a buch of different ones. That sounds no good, I seen wheels break off before, I would try to find some other lug nuts. Did you call Jegs and or Summit ?

andy74

thanks freak, but i did check with jegs and summit, and its not very clear if i have the right shit or not!my local advance auto has a bunch of different combos,and the best advise i get from them is try these and we will refund you if they dont work!

firefighter3931

Andy, it's been awhile since i've used a unilug type wheel but i do remember the washers being oversized to cover up the slot in the hub that is left exposed. I went to Summit and got a pic of the correct washer and lugnut for the unilug wheel. I suspect you have the wrong washers on yours from what you're describing.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 30, 2006, 07:17:41 AM
Andy, it's been awhile since i've used a unilug type wheel but i do remember the washers being oversized to cover up the slot in the hub that is left exposed. I went to Summit and got a pic of the correct washer and lugnut for the unilug wheel. I suspect you have the wrong washers on yours from what you're describing.

Ron
:iagree: :iagree: :smash:
Firefighter is 100% on the money
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

doctorpimp

:yesnod:
You need the offset washers as well...
Just like in Ron's pic  ;)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

John_Kunkel

The unilug Cragars have small raised bumps on each spoke adjacent to the lug nut slot to keep the offset washers from spinning when the lug is tightened.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

andy74

thanks guys, i see what you mean,and have the correct stuff now-ill be thrashing for carlise in the morning,so illlet everyone know what is up-still plan on driving her down,would really hate like hell to have to drive the magnum now-Andy