News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct colors for 69 charger head light door actuator and linkage

Started by resq302, June 05, 2006, 10:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

I just had to pull my grille and support on my charger and would like to know what the correct color of the actuator pod and the linkage for the hideaway headlights for my 69 Charger would be?  I remember seeing some of the vacuum pods have a goldish tint to them and others were natural pot metal.  Also, I have seen the linkage pivot and handle be black and have also seen them natural steel colored.  Since I have the entire assembly out, I would like to get it back to way it should be.

Also, the support that goes from the top cover plate to the lower part of the rad support seems to be welded onto the bottom brace that connects to the lower steel frame for the grille.  Did someone weld this together or was it supposed to be like this? I am thinking that everything was supposed to be bolted, not welded like the above mentioned thing is.

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Brian, do a search.  There are tons of topics about this discussed before
Chris' '69 Charger R/T