News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPAR JOHNS EK2 SUPERBIRD RESTORATION!!

Started by Mopar John, June 05, 2011, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 05, 2024, 11:16:36 PMSo basically it is just making the idle a bit faster all the time until you turn the key off so the idle drops some and helps the engine stall out ?
Yes!

FJ5WING

Another jewel added to the crown! Nice work John! I also had Scott restore my Idle solenoid when he was restoring my Holleys for the Superbird!
wingless now, but still around.

Mopar John

Quote from: FJ5WING on June 21, 2024, 12:14:13 PMAnother jewel added to the crown! Nice work John! I also had Scott restore my Idle solenoid when he was restoring my Holleys for the Superbird!
Dave,
 Thanks for the kind comments on the Superbird!
I know when you were restoring yours you were trying for that same level of results!
Sad that you no longer have it but glad your still active here.
MJ

Mopar John

SUPERBIRD PASSENGER SIDE VALVE COVER OIL BREATHER GROMMETS
Recently I found a couple of NOS drivers side valve cover PCV valve grommets for my Superbird.
When I checked my stash I did not find any for the passengers side valve cover oil breather?
After doing some checking I found out that there are at least 3 versions out there!
The first version is the factory assembly line grommets that came on our Superbirds when they where built.
These have a 2946 079 part number with a space between the 6 and 0.
They also have a vendor code of 58418 with no Pentastar!
I see these on unrestored original Superbirds and those with high level restorations.
My first 2 pictures show these grommets.
The next grommet came along in the 1970's and are showing up on a lot of the restored Superbirds.
These have a 2946079 part number with no space.
The also have a vendor code of 99201 and have a Pentastar molded in!
I show these in my third and fourth pictures.
The last version which is available now has the same 2946079 part number.
But the top side of the grommet is smooth and the part number is on the underside where you can't see it!
I show this in my last picture.
MJ

taxspeaker

The detail continues to amaze me. Thanks for it! Makes me wonder about mine!