News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dixie Horn Install

Started by OzCharger69, March 06, 2021, 02:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzCharger69

So I had a few hours to spare today. The horn was only $35 delivered and looks reasonably well constructed. I wanted the horn to be out of sight since it's fairly cumbersome. The left front fender seemed to be the best place. I'm not too worried about water or mud on the horn, this car will quite unlikely see any of that.

I used 2 screws that were already there and bent an alloy bar to use as a mount. I kept the original horn and wired a small red button under the dash for the Dixie horn. You can only see the button if you crouch. I sprayed the mount (not sure why since it won't rust) and now I have to wait until it dries to mount it back together. The horn draws some serious amps so it needs thick gauge wire. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

OzCharger69

more pics

70 sublime

Well hide
Just hope the one bolt that holds the horn against the fender does not touch the fender and start to wear a hole
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

OzCharger69

I'll keep a good eye on it, It's quite sturdy and there's good clearance from the fender.

gsmopar

I like it better than where I put mine.   :brickwall:

AKcharger

OzCharger69

gsmopar, you made me realise I'm missing a note. I'll check to see if I popped a hose

ACUDANUT