News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Performance Dual Plane 426 Hemi Manifold

Started by geffen928, December 04, 2020, 09:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geffen928

Evening Gents......I've been told that the Mopar Performance Dual Plane manifold is one of the only single 4bbl manifolds that will fit under a stock '69 Charger hood.  Any thought on this manifold??  Good / Bad flow, fuel distribution, etc.  It's been discontinued by MP, but I found an NOS one on Ebay and it will be here in a week.  Again, your thoughts??

Geffen   

Challenger340

Quote from: geffen928 on December 04, 2020, 09:13:28 PM
Evening Gents......I've been told that the Mopar Performance Dual Plane manifold is one of the only single 4bbl manifolds that will fit under a stock '69 Charger hood.  Any thought on this manifold??  Good / Bad flow, fuel distribution, etc.  It's been discontinued by MP, but I found an NOS one on Ebay and it will be here in a week.  Again, your thoughts??

Geffen   

If we are to get even a rudimentary understanding of AirFlow as it relates to HP ?
Take a very primitive "rule of thumb" I will use here as nothing more than explanatory to your query..... take each "cfm" Air Flow and multiply by "2" to get a ballpark HP capability ?
and,
I will NOT defend that concept further.... other than as simply for explanatory purposes in this ONE instance, suffice to say far more going on in an Engine ?

But you are asking about an Intake Manifold that "may" have a ballpark 300cfm per Port airflow capability.... x "2" = 600 hp ?
and then
want to put it atop a 572 HEMI and wonder WHY it only makes 600hp or thereabouts ? with FI ? and a mushy HR Cam ?

Capeche ?
Like WTF is the point in that ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !