News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers & Father's

Started by Stringbender, June 22, 2020, 12:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringbender

Hope all the dad's had a great father's day. I got to take my Dad and his best friend for a ride in the charger. So it was a GREAT one for me. Got to ride in the back seat for the first time while he drove Too! My hang up on these cars is because that's the first car I remember him having and the one he loved the most. It was gone by the time I was probably 7, but I knew I HAD to get one someday. I'm just wondering how many of you got stuck on these cars because your Dad drove one.

b5blue

I'm "The dad who drives one" and car is like the family's now.  :2thumbs: I'm teaching my kids how to drive old school.

Stringbender

That's awesome Blue, my kids are in the same boat. Looks I'm in the minority so far. Gotta be some other guys out there that were hooked, The same way I was though.

Bad B-rad

Great topic!!!!

I was born into a GM family.
My father was a Chevelle man, having owned and wrecked many a Chevelle.
I was the black sheep Mopar son.
But in 2002 him and I looking for a project car, got a 1966 Charger.
So I converted my father!!!!

I found it interesting that he said he could not believe how well the 1966 handled!!!
He claimed none of his Chevelles could have handled the corners the way the Charger does!!!
He said if he dare took a corner in his heavy Chevy, at speeds the Charger did he would have been in the weeds!!!

And due to the amount of Chevelles he wrecked I bet he must have tried!!!

Stringbender

Quote from: Bad B-rad on June 22, 2020, 01:45:18 PM
Great topic!!!!

I was born into a GM family.
My father was a Chevelle man, having owned and wrecked many a Chevelle.
I was the black sheep Mopar son.
But in 2002 him and I looking for a project car, got a 1966 Charger.
So I converted my father!!!!

I found it interesting that he said he could not believe how well the 1966 handled!!!
He claimed none of his Chevelles could have handled the corners the way the Charger does!!!
He said if he dare took a corner in his heavy Chevy, at speeds the Charger did he would have been in the weeds!!!

And due to the amount of Chevelles he wrecked I bet he must have tried!!!

Haha the Mopar black sheep, that's very Cool!
Oddly enough after my Dad had the charger. He had a lot of Chevelle's and El Camino's. I guess being more plentiful they were easier to talk somebody out of. I guess for me the charger seemed so special because at that time being a little kid in the early 80's. It appeared the people that drove a charger was my Dad, the Duke boys, and the Bad Guys in the Saturday after noon movies.

Puzbie

Well I'm a charger son too!! See the only pic of my dad's '69 triple black R/T that I can find. He bought it in '70 and sold in late 70's.  He and I bought mine in '86 when I was 16.  It's the car that I am restoring now.  He was helping me with it before passing away in '16.  I still feel like he is with me when I am working on it even today...

b5blue

Bad B-rad

Puzbie: GREAT Story!!
Glad you and your pops got to wrench on the car together!!!!

Stringbender

That is an awesome story, an exactly the kind I was hoping to hear. What a bad ass charger Too! Dang gotta try an dig up the one picture left of my Dads.