News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl Wrapping ?

Started by JMF, June 24, 2020, 04:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

Sorry if this annoys the purists

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on vinyl wrapping on a Charger or other classic car ? Thinking of changing my 70 Satellite to Matte or Satin black

I assume it's a little harder to do on an old car ? The roof guttering etc springs to mind ?

Also how much shows through on the wrap, imperfections on the paint etc , I know rust bubbles would show through which mine doesn't have anyway but mine has a few scratches here and there.

Or maybe it would just be cheaper to do satin black rattle can paint job as I think a vinyl wrap would be about £1500 + ? I'm in the UK

The paint on mine is a little old and it's not the original colour and I kind of like the rough and ready mean look anyway.

This is what it looks like currently

Thanks

Bad B-rad

The wrap, may not be for everyone., but it is your car, if you want the color change go for the wrap.
You can always remove it, if you don't like it or get tired of it.

RallyeMike

Wraps are a lot of dough to invest in something that is temporary. I would leave it alone - looks pretty good from 8 feet away.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

70 sublime

One of the members here did wrap his Charger
I will see if I can find him if he does not notice your post
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

Look here

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,94375.3200.html

page 129 third post down is a picture of a wrapped Charger
and fourth post down is the guy that owns the car that also did the wrap himself
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green