News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bulbs part 2

Started by cobradriver, May 17, 2006, 08:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobradriver

i was looking at my tail lights and drivers side inner light closest to the middle of the car...was out so i pulled it and noticed it was different from the other 2....same on the other side...what should that light be....it had a silverish tint over the light....and all replacements i see are clear glass....am i missing something?....

mikepmcs

silver tint would just be for expanded illumination if it's in a clear lens.  the forum will correct me if i'm wrong but makes sense to me.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chryco Psycho

we used to have the bulb # in the archives
the center bulb is a lower intensity bulb so it has the same brightness as the outer lights in park not brake mode & is only a single filiment bulb
someone here will have the correct bulb #, 67 maybe

limey

Can I semi hijack this thread? Not really...actually, its the same topic....

Does anyone in the UK or Europe know what the bulb numbers would be for a 68 charger?
Over here our bulbs are categorised by the old lucas numbers. Even Bosch bulbs seem to follow the lucas system.

I could always take several of them out and trawl through the motor factors matching them up, but I have the feeling that another UK owner has probably already made a list which translates US numbers into UK ones.....

It would be a nice resource... ;D

Thanks,
Nick (Limey)
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Plumcrazy

Outer tail light and front parking light bulbs are #1157's
Inner tail light bulbs on 69-70's can be either #67 or #97
Sidemarker lights are #1895's

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Just 6T9 CHGR

The silverish tint you are referring to is a sign of a burned out bulb, not a special type........

As others have stated on the 69 & 70's the inner most lamp is a lower intensity then the outer ones.  If you put in an 1156 in the inner socket you get the dreaded "wrong bulb faux pa" when you have the parking lights on.

The #'s that Plum listed are correct
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Are the front parking light 1157's supposed to have the orange tint / film?  I hope so, 'cause that's what I have in mine now.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Shakey on May 18, 2006, 08:55:07 AM
Are the front parking light 1157's supposed to have the orange tint / film?  I hope so, 'cause that's what I have in mine now.

Oops, 70's have an amber front parking light lense and use a clear bulb.   I think 68-69's might need a #1157A bulb.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

mikepmcs

Quote from: Plumcrazy on May 18, 2006, 09:55:19 AM
Quote from: Shakey on May 18, 2006, 08:55:07 AM

Oops, 70's have an amber front parking light lense and use a clear bulb.   I think 68-69's might need a #1157A bulb.

:iagree:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

cobradriver

hmmmmmm    #89 were in the sockets closest to the center.....hmmmmmm