News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

more f@$&in electrical!! dammit!

Started by 7273chargerguy, May 13, 2006, 08:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7273chargerguy

alright i had every thing wired up,ready to fire up and do the initial breakin on my rebuilt 318.i go to crank the ignition.nothing. no big deal,i get out turn my battery cables a little bit.try again.nothing. all of i sudden i am getting no spark from the coil.battery is charged because i can touch a flathead to my starter relay and get it to turn over. what would cause the ignition and the coil to act up? my starter wires are snug and corrosion free.wipers and headlights do not come on. also i tried one at a time swapping out another ignition control module,ballast resistor and voltage regulator. now,it does kill my battery,not completly,when i crank on it at the starter relay.but it seems if the problem was the battery it would'nt turn over at all.i know the wiring is right because i was getting spark,so i'm thinking it might be the ignition itself or the wire coming from it but if it was that wire would it turn over at all?sorry for rambling but i am stuck and i need help.thanx
"yours it not to question why,yours is just to do or die."

N. ever A. gain V. olunteer Y. ourself

Animal

Check the fusable link coming off starter relay & check if it is on the same post as the feed from battery.