News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No fuel getting to my carb

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, January 06, 2019, 12:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q5XX29

Quote from: XH29N0G on March 09, 2019, 08:15:57 PM
I replaced a faulty one with a Comp Cams PN 4626 about 3000 miles ago.  So far so good.  I never had to replace the original one.  The one I replaced was after a rebuild.  I do not know if there are specific brands that are better or worse.

Thank you.
dakota_gt on Instagram

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: Q5XX29 on March 09, 2019, 02:49:33 PM
Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on February 18, 2019, 07:35:03 PM
Changed the fuel pump push rod, problem solved.

How much was your fuel pump pushrod worn down? I've been having a similar issue with what seems like weak fuel pressure causing a weak pressurization of the fuel system until I get it running, and then its OK, for BOTH my Daytona and my 1970 Charger 500. I just pulled the fuel pump pushrod out, and it measured at 3.06", and I see that it should be 3.22".  That is quite a measurable, visible shortage, but is that enough wear to cause THAT much of a problem? I hope so- easy and cheap fix!

Also, what brand of fuel pump pushrod are people using with success?

Mine was worn down .25". I bought the one that Mancini has on their site. It also came with a new threaded plug for the rod hole in the block.
Coincidentally, today, I started my car after it has been sitting for two and a half weeks. After not too long of turning over it fired right up. Happy to have that issue behind me.

Q5XX29

Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on March 10, 2019, 07:05:34 PM
Quote from: Q5XX29 on March 09, 2019, 02:49:33 PM
Quote from: Sixt8Chrgr on February 18, 2019, 07:35:03 PM
Changed the fuel pump push rod, problem solved.

How much was your fuel pump pushrod worn down? I've been having a similar issue with what seems like weak fuel pressure causing a weak pressurization of the fuel system until I get it running, and then its OK, for BOTH my Daytona and my 1970 Charger 500. I just pulled the fuel pump pushrod out, and it measured at 3.06", and I see that it should be 3.22".  That is quite a measurable, visible shortage, but is that enough wear to cause THAT much of a problem? I hope so- easy and cheap fix!

Also, what brand of fuel pump pushrod are people using with success?

Mine was worn down .25". I bought the one that Mancini has on their site. It also came with a new threaded plug for the rod hole in the block.
Coincidentally, today, I started my car after it has been sitting for two and a half weeks. After not too long of turning over it fired right up. Happy to have that issue behind me.

Cool, good to hear. Thx
dakota_gt on Instagram