News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Main Bearing Sizes

Started by 68CoronetRT, August 19, 2018, 10:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68CoronetRT

Does the main bearings only come in .010 under sized? This would be on a 440, 78' block. Also a cast crank if that makes any difference. In other words, once you pass the .010 undersized point of a crank, is that it for the crank?

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

c00nhunterjoe

You can get .020 under. But for the cost to cut polish and rebalance, you could buy a stroker crank. I wouldnt run past .010 even on a street build.

John_Kunkel

Sealed Power (#5025M) and Mahle both show .030" undersized wide-flange main bearings.

It's pretty common nowadays to grind the RB mains 1/8" under to fit the B block with no epidemic of failures.

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.