News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new charger convertible??????

Started by dodgeboy67, April 20, 2006, 04:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Quote from: Headrope on April 23, 2006, 03:08:00 PM
Quote from: bull on April 20, 2006, 07:34:59 PM
Quote from: Drache on April 20, 2006, 05:58:45 PM
There has never been a Charger 4 door OR a convertible! Why start now? :-\

Because Germans don't do anything half way, even when they screw up. When they botch something they botch it good and then try to convince the rest of world that it's not a mistake because the Germans did it and everyone must accept it. It's like the whole 'German engineering' crap that's been making the rounds in advertising for years, it a catch-phrase that means nothing.

So ... are you complimenting all Germans? Sterotyping them? Both?
Please be more carefull with your assertions. What you've written can be taken several ways.

Let me clear it up. I think most German nationals are arrogant, pompous, humorless, confrontational, stoic and indignant. Does that help?

defiance

Clinging to Stereotypes is a terribly negative reflection upon a person.  They lead to closed-minded foolishness for the most part.  A good portion of the rest of the world believes that most Americans are pompous, arrogant, thoughtless, fat, lazy, rich, powerful, stupid bastards - and they probably have valid reasons for making that association. I would hope that any time I deal with someone from another country or culture, they don't hold me to American sterotypes, regardless of how much some Americans have done to deserve them.

B5 Charger

Why doesn't somebody buy one of those, paint it up like a General Lee and jump it over a bunch of cars?  Now I would pay money to see that get destroyed!   :2thumbs:

Big Lebowski

Whats worse, it's the two colors of the football team we hate here in San Diego. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

chargedup

Maybe if they rebadged it a Monaco or something. But it is still ugly without the top IMO.

Silver R/T

Quote from: defiance on May 02, 2006, 03:38:31 PM
Clinging to Stereotypes is a terribly negative reflection upon a person.  They lead to closed-minded foolishness for the most part.  A good portion of the rest of the world believes that most Americans are pompous, arrogant, thoughtless, fat, lazy, rich, powerful, stupid bastards - and they probably have valid reasons for making that association. I would hope that any time I deal with someone from another country or culture, they don't hold me to American sterotypes, regardless of how much some Americans have done to deserve them.

definitely agree
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

limey

How hard would it have been to make it a two door?
It would have been a much more attractive vehicle IMHO..

But...I guess you could say that about the original coupe two....
Just out of interest,...opinion is quite negative about the "new" charger....do we mostly feel this because we want it to be more like the "old" charger...or because we just don't rate it as a car...?
Having never driven one or even seen one in the flesh I can't comment, but what I'm getting at is this..
Is the "New" Charger any worse than any of the offerings from Ford, GM, or any European Manufacturer? Is it a good "new" car?
:icon_smile_question:
Or do we dislike it because it isn't a 60's musclecar....which it never could be....
Limey
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. -- Albert Einstein

Chargen69

Quote from: chargedup on May 03, 2006, 12:41:46 AM
Maybe if they rebadged it a Monaco or something. But it is still ugly without the top IMO.

Thats actually not a bad idea on the name thing.

dodgeboy67

Quote from: Chargen69 on May 04, 2006, 06:51:21 PM
Quote from: chargedup on May 03, 2006, 12:41:46 AM

Thats actually not a bad idea on the name thing.

thats what i said all along........call it a monacco or the intrepid or even the stratus........not charger......damn bafoons

Khyron

I... ummmmmmmmmm........

I think ....................

ummmmm.........

nevermind :puke:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

Quote from: limey on May 04, 2006, 07:30:58 AMOr do we dislike it because it isn't a 60's musclecar....which it never could be....
Limey

This.

Frankly, it's alot better than any offering that Chevy and Ford have out there.  As a car, it's pretty damn good.  As a Charger, however....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

dodgeboy67

Quote from: TheGhost on May 05, 2006, 01:15:23 AM
Quote from: limey on May 04, 2006, 07:30:58 AMOr do we dislike it because it isn't a 60's musclecar....which it never could be....
Limey

This.

Frankly, it's alot better than any offering that Chevy and Ford have out there. As a car, it's pretty damn good. As a Charger, however....

yeah, what ghost said :iagree:

Crazy Larry

Lately I have to ask myself - if DCX put out a Dodge Stratus 2-door and 4-door - then why won't they do that with the Charger?

If they haven't yet, amid all the outcry of Charger enthusiasts world-wide?

Isn't the Challenger in 2009 a little to far down the road to ignore their base? That's a lot of sales they aremissing out on.