News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MTV Your Movie Show Dukes of Hazzard

Started by BrianShaughnessy, July 28, 2005, 10:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

It's like the next day and nobody posted about this show?

Did nobody else see this preview show on MTV?     

No comments about Corey Eubanks jumping another GL recreating the 1st jump?   Welll they filmed it with like 9 cameras so see mtv.com and find the overdrive stuff.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/movie/263859/moviemain.jhtml
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nope didnt see or hear about it thanks for the heads up!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

I guess I'm the only one that saw it then...   :P      But you can catch the jump on mtv.com anytime at least for now.
The brake lines blew out on Corey when he landed and he had to crash into a Cherokee to stop.    The original 1st show jump was like 80 (?) feet... this was more like 130 IIRC.

2 more showings

Sun 07/31 

10:00 AM

Thu 08/04 

8:00 PM

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Ghoste

Dale The Bold

No, this one was thrown together a few weeks ago.   It was an all-new jump.   Oxford College insisted that they remove the flag, which they did (you can hardly see the bare top of the car because of the camera angles, but it still sticks out like a sore thumb to me).   The footage of this jump was spectacular.

I didn't say anything because I didn't want the fan clubs to take any more crap for something they didn't put together.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Wakko

Was the Cherokee there for that purpose or did MTV have to buy some college kid's car?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Wakko on July 29, 2005, 10:15:10 AM
Was the Cherokee there for that purpose or did MTV have to buy some college kid's car?

It was there specifically to stop the car in case of a problem.     I forget the term they called it cause I'm not a stunt type guy.   If you watch the clips on mtv you'll see the cherokee pulling out to get in front of the GL to stop it.

JimShine

That is what the vehicle was for. They use cars like that in real world locations so if the car goes out of control after impact, they can stop it. In the last Dukes Reunion movie they actually used a limo for this job.

JimShine

Sorry Brian, we posted about the same time.

Wakko

Maybe next year we can tell Chrysler that we want to use a new Charger for display and a stunt sequence...and ram the General into it.  I'd buy THAT for a dollar.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lostsheep

Isnt it refered to as like a block car or something like that?

Dale The Bold

Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Chris G.

I can't wait for this movie to finally come out, so it can bomb beyond belief. I know you die hards will see it, but honestly, is it anything remotely close to entertaining? The best part of that movie is the fact that they use Black Betty...a sweet song :musik010:

Oh, and 'ya gotta love Burt Reynolds. I loved Hooper.   :METAL:

chargermad890

if anyone noticed it was a 68 not a 69 it had a 69 grille and tail panel they just filled the round signal lights and didnt bother to put rectangle

69_500

Guess Ill try to catch it the next time its on.

Thanks for the heads up.

kikgas01

Quote from: chargermad890 on July 29, 2005, 06:23:47 PM
if anyone noticed it was a 68 not a 69 it had a 69 grille and tail panel they just filled the round signal lights and didnt bother to put rectangle

They did that in the movie and in the later episodes on tv show to all Chargers for consistency. :icon_smile_wink:

Ghoste

I wouldn't guarantee it to bomb Chris.  There isn't much else to see right now and there is just no accounting for people's taste.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on July 29, 2005, 05:44:57 PM
The best part of that movie is the fact that they use Black Betty...a sweet song :musik010:

:METAL:

Yeah man...   :musik010:         See sig. :rock:

Wakko

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on July 29, 2005, 05:44:57 PM
I can't wait for this movie to finally come out, so it can bomb beyond belief. I know you die hards will see it, but honestly, is it anything remotely close to entertaining? The best part of that movie is the fact that they use Black Betty...a sweet song :musik010:

Oh, and 'ya gotta love Burt Reynolds. I loved Hooper.   :METAL:

I don't think it will bomb, but I think it will start strong and peter out.    I just watched Hooper the other day..it was great!  I loved seeing James Best.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

SeattleCharger

Thanks for posting the movie trailer links.   I have seen them many times in the theater and love it every time that preview comes on, I yell "Yeehaa".      Then today got caught in a chick flick movie with all chick flick previews, so now I just got my General fix.   Ya, the song is cool.      Its cool when that preview plays in the theatre if you haven't seen it, same one as the mtv trailer, but in the theater it is so much better, of course.     I bet a lot of people will see that movie.     Lots of younger kids who didn't grow up on the Dukes will see it just because Stiffler is in it from the American Pie movies and Road Trip and the guy from Jackass is in it, plus all the Jessica Simpson lovers and Willie Nelson and Burt Reynolds and Lydna Carter fans.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

69RealGL

Hey

I was there for the Mtv Jump  ,it  was great to see them recreate the first jump  , i just hope this is the last public jump we see ,  4 chargers in two years  gone .
  The new movie  will do great guns at the box office it will make the W.B  a lot  $$$$$ , plus  make the big ornage car  sky rocket in value yet again .

Later

K.c 

kikgas01

Lostsheep

Well I guess it hasnt bombed just yet.