News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this vin correct

Started by ht4spd307, October 25, 2018, 04:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ht4spd307

inside 4 speed air con car wrong seats

ht4spd307

this car was dragged out of the earth

ht4spd307

Mytur Binsdirti

Most likely, it was originally an automatic.

Judging by those pictures, I'd say the rear end is worth more than the rust it's attached to.

Alaskan_TA

I see a 4-speed hump, but yeah, parts car at best.

Start with the Dana & save any small parts that are good & then off to the crusher for the rest.

ht4spd307

original 4 speed car not convinced about the diff as the  dana looks to be same patina as the rear of the car

hemi-hampton

Quote from: ht4spd307 on October 30, 2018, 06:08:57 PM
original 4 speed car not convinced about the diff as the  dana looks to be same patina as the rear of the car

What does the Fender tag say,Let me guess, no fender tag, no broadcast sheet & no window Sticker. Does it have a Title or any other Paper work? :scratchchin: :shruggy: LEON.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 30, 2018, 03:12:47 PM
I see a 4-speed hump, but yeah, parts car at best.

Start with the Dana & save any small parts that are good & then off to the crusher for the rest.

I agree 100%, except I've seen people in here try to Restore worse cars.  LEON.

hemigeno

original 4 speed car not convinced about the diff as the  dana looks to be same patina as the rear of the car

Those rear springs are not from an R/T (795 / 965).  There also doesn't appear to be a vapor return line.

That axle might have been installed in this car for a long time, but that clock didn't start at Hamtramck.  Dana's were paired (by Chrysler, in passenger cars) only with a 440 or 426, never the 383.  Even if it WAS an R/T - which it is not - you could not get A/C and a Dana60 together (at least in '69).

:Twocents:

Alaskan_TA

Which brings up another question.

Do the body numbers match the VIN?

If the Dana is original to the car, the VIN is not original to the body, so which is it?

ht4spd307

Tags are on the car but option tag is rusty unreadable  its not an r/t as stated on the first post its a xp not xs car its an a/c 4 speed car originally .like i said the vin tag reads H not M as first thought .Just trying to clear this up for the uneducated potential buyer .As its the dana that was throwing me as it looked original to the car being 4 speed and originally thinking it was a M code on the dash tag made the car seem something special. This is why the questions were being asked not because i'm trying to make up something thats not! I'm not the owner nor the seller but thanks all for your input  i'll let the potential buyer know.

Alaskan_TA

The Dana should have a date code on the passenger side rear of the axle tube along with a BOM number (Bill of Materials) & they are application specific.

If you can find that set of stamped numbers & post a clear photo it would help us tell you what it may have originally came from.

Mytur Binsdirti

By your own admission, "the car was dragged out of the earth" which mean that it was put out to pasture years ago.  It's a 49 year old car with an equally as old rear end that someone swapped out at some time in it's life, so yeah, the "patina" would be the same.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: ht4spd307 on October 30, 2018, 08:46:11 PM
Tags are on the car but option tag is rusty unreadable 

In some situations you can remove the fender tag and make a rubbing from the underside and get readable (although a mirror image) copy of it. load the digital image onto a PC image program and mirror it back to normal.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

rarefish

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 29, 2018, 08:34:28 PM
Quote from: 440 Fanatic on October 26, 2018, 01:01:14 AM
Were any Chargers ever offered with a 3-2BBL option?   I might be wrong,  but I don't think they were.

Yes.

Here is a link to the page that shows it for 1969 - http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Charger0011.jpg
Barry, I'm baffled by this. I don't see a 3-2BBL option on the 1969 Data Book page that you posted. Were you thinking a 383-2BBL ?

Alaskan_TA

I miss-read it sorry.

None of the 1969 data books have a 440-6 option listed since it came out after the data books were printed.

It was only available on the Road Runner & Super Bee when it came out though.