News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

air cleaner 383 origional

Started by Harper, January 04, 2018, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harper

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-dual-snorkel-air-cleaner-assembly-440-383-Challenger-Cuda-/152819295407
is it worth $474.95

i mean it looks like a standard air cleaner to me?

I can see this one being worth $59 bucks tho...it comes with a rechargeable filter
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

F8-4life

Not worth 50 and not worth 450.
Dual snorkel does have some real value that lies in between.
Pie tin is pretty beat though.

Sublime/Sixpack

Most dual snorkel Mopar air cleaners don't come cheap. But the one pictured looks a little sketchy IMO. The ad says "original" paint. Considering how the inside of the unit looks I'd say the paint on the outside is not original. Just an observation and food for thought. :Twocents:
I have several original Mopar air cleaners that are older than the one pictured and the inside of each looks as good if not better than the outsides do.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Harper

here is the one that came with my 440 RV motor. I will probably use it to begin with.
1968 Dodge Charger

Bronzedodge

It appears to be a 70 Dual Snorkel.  71's had a breather hose connection on the drivers side.  Many get tiny rust holes in the lid from a damp foam groove gasket, after a lot of sitting outside.
Mopar forever!

69wannabe

Quote from: Bronzedodge on January 04, 2018, 09:18:37 PM
It appears to be a 70 Dual Snorkel.  71's had a breather hose connection on the drivers side.  Many get tiny rust holes in the lid from a damp foam groove gasket, after a lot of sitting outside.

I was also thinking it was a 70 model air cleaner. I think I actually have one of these in the loft of my garage but it's been awhile since I have looked up there.

F8-4life

op if you can buy the 2nd pic for 60 bucks, do it.
Would look better in a 69 charger with a painted engine then the stocker you posted, unless your into that stocker rv family look.

Harper

Quoteop if you can buy the 2nd pic for 60 bucks, do it.
Would look better in a 69 charger with a painted engine then the stocker you posted, unless your into that stocker rv family look.

i have always liked the sleeper look lol

I do like the $60 tho. Cant have it looking "to fast" when my buddy challenges me to a drag race in his heavy chevy pickup tho :)
1968 Dodge Charger

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Harper on January 05, 2018, 10:44:13 PM
Quoteop if you can buy the 2nd pic for 60 bucks, do it.

i have always liked the sleeper look lol

I do like the $60 tho. Cant have it looking "to fast" when my buddy challenges me to a drag race in his heavy chevy pickup tho :)

With a die grinder and cutting wheel you could open up the side (at the back) of the RV air cleaner for better flow and few people would notice.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Harper

QuoteSublime/Sixpack

actually i had this one from a 65 New Yorker 413 and its similar to some i have seen on other 440s, thicker too (so more air) obviously it will get sanded and a fresh coat of paint...  :scratchchin:

I may swap those out, possibly do what you suggest and open up the other side and see if i can find a matching snorkel :)  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger