News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle

Started by beerman, April 27, 2006, 06:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beerman

Hi everybody!  I'm new at this forum. I'm looking for a 1969 Charger RT. It has become a major headache to find one that is worth restoring.  I tried to get the Hemi Charger that was on screwbay that got taken off because the owner lost the fender tags.  It went for 23K, I had 20K.  I am wondering if I should wait for Carlisle which I plan to attend or is it just another overpriced car show?  I guess I am looking for people with years of Mopar knowledge as I am considered a rookie at this.  Should I wait for Carlisle or continue to look on screwbay and other sources?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Also what do you think of the green RT on screwbay right now? :icon_smile_question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4631374423&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Chris G.

Quote from: beerman on April 27, 2006, 06:49:15 PM
should wait for Carlisle which I plan to attend or is it just another overpriced car show? 

Actually, Carlisle is one of the only underpaying shows on the circuit. You truly get your money's worth at that event. As far as cars for sale, that's a whole 'nother story. They are marked up big time in the car corral, plus I haven't seen many 69's for sale in Carlisle. Keep searching the web for one. eBay is obviously the most popular place, but there are others.

Good Luck

bull

Are you up in the salt belt? It's going to be difficult to find a decent car on the east coast, or so I've been told many times. California seems to be a good resource for Chargers in good condition but I found mine less than 20 miles away after a two year, nationwide search. If I were you I would contact your local Mopar club, or the closest one you can find, and ask the club president if he knows of any for sale locally. I found three or four Chargers that way. Also, check with some local restoration shops as they always seem to be in the loop when it comes to muscle cars. That's how I finally found the car I bought. The shop owner knew of two '68s that were potentially for sale and I grabbed one of them.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on April 27, 2006, 11:34:12 PM
Are you up in the salt belt? It's going to be difficult to find a decent car on the east coast, or so I've been told many times. California seems to be a good resource for Chargers in good condition but I found mine less than 20 miles away after a two year, nationwide search. If I were you I would contact your local Mopar club, or the closest one you can find, and ask the club president if he knows of any for sale locally. I found three or four Chargers that way. Also, check with some local restoration shops as they always seem to be in the loop when it comes to muscle cars. That's how I finally found the car I bought. The shop owner knew of two '68s that were potentially for sale and I grabbed one of them.

Bull nailed it.  I searched all through the SE & the SW United States while treveling on business, searched the www including e-bay only to find disapointment.  I finally got my Father-in-Law involved and told him of my plan and within an hour he had located 3 within an hour of his farm.  We went and looked at one of them and within a month I had purchased a '69 R/T SE with all of the options I was looking for.

Believe it or not, there are some in your backyard.  Follow Bulls advice and also tell anyone that will listen that you are looking for an old car to fix up.  Talk to towing companies, Mom & Pop garages, engine rebuilders and even stop in at your local performance dealer.  Someone will know of someone who knows where there is a car for you.

Take your time and be very patient.  Best of luck.