News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone use a hurst promatic????

Started by generalB, June 25, 2017, 09:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalB

i have a 68 charger that i bought with a hurst promatic shifter.   the cable melted on me and cannot move the car now. i have one ordered so thats not the issue.

who here uses a hurst and what can i do besides a heat sleeve  to prevent this from happening again. can i reroute it somewhere else?  or is there a more heavy duty cable to use? iam looking for a different setup.

does anyone make a shifter that attaches right to the tranny?

c00nhunterjoe

Turbo action shifters have the cables come in from the rear instead of the front like all other  shifters. It keeps the cable away from the headers.

TommyGun

I've recently had the same problem. I came across some old threads on here where people had used the stock floor shift linkage to connect to an aftermarket shifter.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?topic=42416.0%3Ball

generalB

i talked to hurst directly and got a  new cable, installed it today. i sheilded the heck out it, double fabric shield. but looking  at the shifter installation instructions  hurst recommends that i route cable on drivers side and loop towards front then back to the lever..    mine was never done that way. mine goes down passegenr side below the bellhousing then to the lever.. i dont see how it can route the other way with the starter and headers being in the way.