News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Throttle cable help.

Started by Cncguy, May 31, 2017, 07:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cncguy

So I installed an Edelbrock performer intake and Holley 4160 on my 383 4spd. I bought a custom bracket off of ebay,that's supposed to be the right fit. The problem is I had to pull cable almost all the way back in bracket to get full throttle. What is your solution, what have you done to get your throttle cable to work with non factory carb and intake?

BLK 68 R/T

I would like to know as well. Short of modifying the bracket by cutting and re-welding the cable mount portion I don't know what other options there are.

BTT for you :)

JR

Just taking a shot in the dark here, but is that a 24 inch long throttle cable?

Do you have a 22 inch cable lying around you could try?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Draco

Is there any way to modify the bracket that mounts to the carb? I don't have that bracket on mine.

Draco

Carb shot

firefighter3931

Quote from: Cncguy on May 31, 2017, 07:40:17 AM

I bought a custom bracket off of ebay,that's supposed to be the right fit.

That bracket is designed for a high rise intake manifold. The performer is basicly a stock height piece so the OEM throttle bracket is what you need.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Cncguy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 02, 2017, 10:46:55 AM

That bracket is designed for a high rise intake manifold. The performer is basicly a stock height piece so the OEM throttle bracket is what you need.  :yesnod:

Ron

This is what I bought.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222509640010

firefighter3931

Quote from: Cncguy on June 05, 2017, 06:48:31 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 02, 2017, 10:46:55 AM

Ron

This is what I bought.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222509640010

I read the Ebay link. It says that the bracket is designed for the "Performer RPM" which is a high rise dual plane manifold. In the description it also states that it will work with the low(er) Performer if you add a 1in spacer....which would make the overall height similar to the Performer RPM.

So, you have 2 options :

-change the throttle bracket back to stock
-add a 1in spacer under the carb

I like the carb spacer option. There are two options with the spacer ; open or 4 hole and the best one for your application depends on the engine combination.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Canadian1968

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on June 01, 2017, 12:05:36 PM
I would like to know as well. Short of modifying the bracket by cutting and re-welding the cable mount portion I don't know what other options there are.

BTT for you :)

is that the fix that some people use for the rpm manifold?  so the carb linkage is on more of even plain ? and supposed help legthen the kick down linkage ?