News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Small tag attached to the fender tag on my 69 Charger:

Started by Smart Bob, May 07, 2017, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smart Bob

I have a small aluminum tag attached to the upper left hand corner of my fender tag. The small tag reads "1A". Does anyone know what this means? I have been curious for years.

Thank you,

Smart Bob :scratchchin:

bakerhillpins

IIRC it's an inspection tab that was to be pulled off the car during final inspection. (??? someone else should chime in here).  I "had" one of those with A1 on it too. Shortly after I got the car home half of it apparently vibrated off.   :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I pulled the remaining part and my fender tag off and put them in the house with the rest of the cars papers for now.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

69 OUR/TEA

Mine is still there , but just has the number "15" on it .

Alaskan_TA

It sounds like an inspection tag.

Over the different model years & at different plants, multiple types were used.