News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

cool 69 rt/se

Started by cbrestorations, March 31, 2017, 10:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Quote from: darbgnik on April 05, 2017, 01:16:49 PM
This one's too easy for you, no? There's guys with less skills on here who'd have fun with this one...... lol.

My thoughts exactly. The wife is always up for a couple nights at the Bellagio. I could be out there in a couple days. . . . just in time to catch the Osmonds at the Flamingo this weekend.  :icon_smile_big:

Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger_Fan

Cool car, and a good story to boot! :cheers:

Kern Dog will be along shortly to bust your chops on the "small screen" video. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

F8-4life

Clean fender tag! This car is a major score in my world.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Charger_Fan on April 05, 2017, 04:06:33 PM
Cool car, and a good story to boot! :cheers:

Kern Dog will be along shortly to bust your chops on the "small screen" video. :icon_smile_big:

I have not seen it but I'm guessing the content outweighs the filming style?

I just think that we can do better. Some may not care but recording video or pictures the right way looks so much better.

darbgnik

Quote from: chargerboy69 on April 05, 2017, 02:53:16 PM

My thoughts exactly. The wife is always up for a couple nights at the Bellagio. I could be out there in a couple days. . . . just in time to catch the Osmonds at the Flamingo this weekend.  :icon_smile_big:

Yeah, me and the girl will be in Vegas Monday night, we could always take her off your hands. lol  :icon_smile_wink:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

cbrestorations

I'm gonna try and paint the drivers door black and then add some age and surface rust to it. I wanna take it to the van Nuys show this weekend as a newly found rare car as is

Kern Dog

With your rapid progress with fab work, I expect it to be a running driver by Friday.  :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Anyone see the car in the park on Saturday? I did. It looks pretty solid. Nice score, Sir.   :2thumbs:

cbrestorations

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 10, 2017, 12:46:03 AM
Anyone see the car in the park on Saturday? I did. It looks pretty solid. Nice score, Sir.   :2thumbs:
thanks, sorry i missed ya. i was back and forth between car show and swap meet all day. i had to of said "not for sale" atleast 50 times that day lol

Kern Dog

That is a form of flattery, you know. I'm impressed that you brought it that far just to share the cool experience with the crowd. 5 1/2 hours each way!
I've had my Charger there a few times but never hang around it. I often hear from people that wanted to ask questions. So many other interesting cars there to see so I rarely hang around.

E86/A47

Congrats CB! Great score. As you can see by my user name, I am partial to RT/SE's but my current car is only an SE (RT clone.) I look forward to seeing the resto on this (assuming you are planning on restoring her.)

cbrestorations

I don't plan on restoring for now. It gets more attention as a ratty survivor. All I'm gonna do is make the interior good enough to feel comfortable sitting in it, build a nice 440 for it with a a518 trans, find a black door or paint it to look like an old black door, buff out the original paint and make a ratty driver out of it. I'm debating bringing it to Vegas show or daisy project as an under construction car.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: cbrestorations on April 10, 2017, 12:59:17 PM
I don't plan on restoring for now. It gets more attention as a ratty survivor. All I'm gonna do is make the interior good enough to feel comfortable sitting in it, build a nice 440 for it with a a518 trans, find a black door or paint it to look like an old black door, buff out the original paint and make a ratty driver out of it. I'm debating bringing it to Vegas show or daisy project as an under construction car.

That's an awesome save.  Wow, and such a cool story.

Should submit it to the "Barn Finds / As Is" section of the MCACN show.  We'd love to have it.  www.mcacn.com