News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is (are) the best Mopar auto shows (meets) in US?

Started by lucascosta21, April 12, 2017, 07:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucascosta21

Hi guys,

What is/are the best auto show (meets) for Mopar fans in US?

I'm not from US but I would like to take the opportunity to visit a great mopar auto show some day.

Which one do you suggest?

Thanks

Lucas

TeeWJay426

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, in Carlisle PA, this year being held July 14-16th. One of the biggest in the nation, and by far the best organized and run all-Chrysler show out there.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

69CoronetRT

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on April 12, 2017, 07:51:33 AM
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, in Carlisle PA, this year being held July 14-16th. One of the biggest in the nation, and by far the best organized and run all-Chrysler show out there.

Carlisle should be on every Mopar lovers bucket list. Go at least once.
The Minnesota show in June has turned into another great show. It's not as big as Carlisle but the facilities, car count, swap meet and special displays are worth the trip.
Spring Fling in CA is worth the trip also.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

challenger70

'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

Kern Dog

The Wife and I went to Columbus Ohio in 2004 for their show. I can't recall if that one is considered "The Nationals" or if the show in Carlisle Pennsylvania is considered "The Nationals".
2004 was the "Year of the Charger". I counted 224 Chargers in the show but I'm sure that I missed a few. This was the biggest show with the most people and the largest swap meet that I have ever seen. Huge. 3 day show. On the first day, a rusty 1970 Charger was in the swap meet getting parted out on site. By early Sunday it was almost gone. NO roof, no firewall or front stub, just the rusty floors from the middle to the rear bumper.
Being a West Coast resident, I make it to the Van Nuys Spring Fling every year. I make it to their Fall show about every other year. I went to the Las Vegas show the first 2 years but haven't been back.

Bronzedodge

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on April 12, 2017, 07:51:33 AM

I'll second that.  I had a swap meet space there for 9 years at the Chrysler show  It is clean, friendly, and well organized.
Mopar forever!

DixieRestoParts

I think Carlisle is one I would definitely try to go to as mentioned above. The Nationals has slipped a lot in quality in recent years, but if you're over here in August, I'd try to slip it in. A lot of the fun there happens off-site at the cruise-ins they have in conjunction with the show. Depending on the time of year you come and where you go, there are lots of regional shows that are pretty good. The Garlits show in Ocala, FL. in November, Spring Fling in CA., etc. If you post with an exact date you'll be here, I'm sure the board members can direct you to the best shows during that time.

If you come two to three years from now, the show scene may have changed entirely.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

Davtona

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on April 12, 2017, 05:01:47 PM
The Minnesota show in June has turned into another great show.

:iagree:  Mopars in the Park   :2thumbs:

ITSA426

Kern Dog

Quote from: Davtona on April 13, 2017, 06:16:47 PM

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on April 12, 2017, 05:01:47 PM
The Minnesota show in June has turned into another great show.

:iagree:  Mopars in the Park   :2thumbs:

What is the estimated show car count each day?

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: lucascosta21 on April 12, 2017, 07:37:56 AM
Hi guys,

What is/are the best auto show (meets) for Mopar fans in US?

I'm not from US but I would like to take the opportunity to visit a great mopar auto show some day.

Which one do you suggest?

Thanks

Lucas

I posted same question back in 2008 and the general agreement was Carlisle, althought as usual allways comes to float the Carlisle-Columbus shows debate. I decided Carlisle and made a loooong trip... air from Caracas up to LA and road up to Carlisle in a Motorhome, then the return, meeting several good friends from this board on show and all allong the road trip. 1 full month.

Without have going to Columbus show, I can talk about Carlisle experience was PLENTIFULL of good moments. I couldn't assist to every spectacle did show on the show, because I was also hunting for parts. That got me actually busy, so missed some of the stuff there.

I guess someday will be able to go to Columbus, but got satisfied with Carlisle

Has being told Carlisle is more toward to resto, and Columbus more to Performance and race... if you wanna know some diff between them and depending what do you preffer. That made a diff on my selection at least snce I was more interested in resto.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html