News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proper dog dish hubcaps

Started by Bulldog69RT, January 27, 2017, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog69RT

So, this guy on craigslist near me has a set of these for sale. He measured them and said they fit in an 8.5" hole, roughly. My steel wheels I have are about a 6.5" center hole. Question is... do I have the wrong steelies or does he have the wrong center caps? Oh... my car is a 69 RT Charger. Thanks
'69 Charger R/T. Restoration in progress...

Bulldog69RT

I'm guessing they go on truck rims

Alaskan_TA

Do not measure the center wheel hole, measure the outer cap nubs.  ;)

Alaskan_TA

1969 Charger hub caps at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Charger0008.jpg

They were used on other cars / trucks / vans / model years also. SS or aluminum versions depending on the exact application, but they are all the same size.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 28, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
Do not measure the center wheel hole, measure the outer cap nubs.  ;)

What Barry said...

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Bulldog69RT

:2thumbs: well I'm gonna take the drive then. I'll take a wheel with me. Thanks! Ill let y'all know what I end up with!

Bulldog69RT

They fit perfect! Couple of dings in them, but they are originals, and I only paid 100 bucks for them! Thanks again sir  :cheers:

Sublime/Sixpack

Based on the pic you posted it looks like they're stainless steel. If so, with the right stuff and some time they can be polished up to look really nice.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

qwick68

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on January 29, 2017, 10:28:36 AM
Quote from: Alaskan_TA on January 28, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
Do not measure the center wheel hole, measure the outer cap nubs.  ;)

What Barry said...

That is a beautiful wheel
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise