News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Night Ranger going to soon release their 18th album, but check the cover art

Started by TruckDriver, January 13, 2017, 04:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

These guys still sound great too  :drool5:

"Night Ranger to Release New Studio Album "Don't Let Up" March 24th via Frontiers Music Srl

Frontiers Music Srl is proud to announce the release of "Don't Let Up", the new studio album from Night Ranger. "Don't Let Up" is set for a March 24th release. The album will be available in both a standard edition and a deluxe edition (featuring bonus track and bonus DVD - physical format only). For your first taste of new music from the album, check out "Somehow Someway" HERE.

"'Somehow Someway' is all Night Ranger. It not only captures the spirit of our live shows but also is the essence of who we are and who we have been for the last 35 years...a kick ass American rock and roll band...case closed," says Jack Blades, bassist and vocalist .

Adds Kelly Keagy, drummer and vocalist, "[t]he song "Somehow Someway" is an up-tempo rocker with an infectious, big guitar lick. Take caution while you're driving in your car, you may find yourself going WAY over the speed limit. Check it out!"

"Our new single, 'Somehow Someway' is a rockin' barnburner up to the standards of our first single, "Don't Tell Me You Love Me". This could be a great song to perform live and add to our setlist....Enjoy!!" encourages guitarist Brad Gillis."
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

crj1968

Cool ! Put that mopar up front.

Gillis is a great gutarist, had no idea they were still at it.

70 sublime

Is it sarcasm or the art department bo bo but does it not look like the lead car did " let up "
It looks like the doors are all shut on the blower intake  :icon_smile_tongue:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

TruckDriver

Quote from: crj1968 on January 13, 2017, 07:07:11 PM
Cool ! Put that mopar up front.

Gillis is a great gutarist, had no idea they were still at it.

They never broke up. Around '94, they were down to 3 guys, and Gary Moon did the vocals. Strangely enough, I think the album with Gary Moon is one of their best albums. But if you go to their website, they don't even list it as one of their albums which to me is sad. I also believe Brad Gillis is a real Mopar guy as I have one of his solo cd's, and he is posing by a plum crazy Cuda'. So this might actually be a rendition of his car. This is the current lineup of the band; Kelly Keagy, Brad Gillis, Jack Blades, Eric Levy, Keri Kelli.

BTW, this is a VERY GOOD album if you never heard it. "Honest To God" is outstanding. They actually play it once in a while on the radio here. This album is from 2000.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

crj1968

Good catch there sublime. 

Thanks Truckdriver I will check it out.  I see I thought they broke up when he went to go play for Ozzy. But I guess Ozzy just borrowed him. Imagine stepping in and filling in for Randy Rhoads !   :o

I was never a huge Night Ranger fan back in the day, as I was more of a harder metal-head type. (accept , maiden...etc..)
Of course some of NR's stuff was on the radio...

Now that most music sucks, or everything is lost in digital land.  I have gone back to listen to stuff I didn't care about back then. (Cinderella , Night Ranger, Steelheart,  etc...)
More mellow the day but amazing musicians.

TruckDriver

Give this online station out of Munich Germany a listen. http://www.munichshardesthits.com/ They cover all rock with little talking (local news top of every hour in German) from the '70 through todays hard rock as long as it is in the '80's melodic style. They are playing The Who right now actually. Occasionally they do have time where they play the softer rock, Tuesdays and Thursdays late in the day, they play Metal. Most of the time otherwise, it is all hard rock. Half of it you will know because it was and or is played in North America, but the other half will be bands you never knew of that kick ass. I found a crap load of bands that never got played here in the states, yet they been around since the 1980s that are outstanding. Pretty Maids, Pink Cream 69, Gotthard, Frontline (sound like a heavier Journey) Grand Design (Sound like older Def Leppard) and I can go on. They play the Scorpions that have released a lot of albums that never got mentioned over here, like Sting of the tail, which I think was their best album to date. Krokus never broke up and their last 3 cds that I bought are outstanding. Foreigner they play a lot of their last 2 albums, and they are releasing a new album next week I think it is. They play stuff off Journey's last 2 albums too, Styx and a lot of Tommy Shaw solo stuff. The web page also shows the songs and artists they are playing at the time, so it makes it easy to find the songs or bands. But they are playing the new Maiden songs too. They very seldom repeat the same song more then twice in the same day. They have a unlimited play list. Most I think they are getting of YouTube as I will then look and find them there too, and then download them to my computer with a media converter. Hell, they even play Michael Bolton hard rock BEFORE he went to the mellow stuff that made him famous. Give it a few days, I think you'll like it. Everyone else I mentioned it to has.
PETE

dual fours

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 14, 2017, 09:35:04 AM
Is it sarcasm or the art department bo bo but does it not look like the lead car did " let up "
It looks like the doors are all shut on the blower intake  :icon_smile_tongue:
Couldn't the butterflies be closing at this point, it's over the finish line so throttle off shutdown time.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

HPP

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 14, 2017, 05:06:40 PM
Never heard of that band...must be a US thing! Lol.

Peaked in popularity in 1985 in the US, so yea, possible you never heard of 'em.

crj1968

Quote from: TruckDriver on January 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM
Give this online station out of Munich Germany a listen. http://www.munichshardesthits.com/ They cover all rock with little talking (local news top of every hour in German) from the '70 through todays hard rock as long as it is in the '80's melodic style. They are playing The Who right now actually. Occasionally they do have time where they play the softer rock, Tuesdays and Thursdays late in the day, they play Metal. Most of the time otherwise, it is all hard rock. Half of it you will know because it was and or is played in North America, but the other half will be bands you never knew of that kick ass. I found a crap load of bands that never got played here in the states, yet they been around since the 1980s that are outstanding. Pretty Maids, Pink Cream 69, Gotthard, Frontline (sound like a heavier Journey) Grand Design (Sound like older Def Leppard) and I can go on. They play the Scorpions that have released a lot of albums that never got mentioned over here, like Sting of the tail, which I think was their best album to date. Krokus never broke up and their last 3 cds that I bought are outstanding. Foreigner they play a lot of their last 2 albums, and they are releasing a new album next week I think it is. They play stuff off Journey's last 2 albums too, Styx and a lot of Tommy Shaw solo stuff. The web page also shows the songs and artists they are playing at the time, so it makes it easy to find the songs or bands. But they are playing the new Maiden songs too. They very seldom repeat the same song more then twice in the same day. They have a unlimited play list. Most I think they are getting of YouTube as I will then look and find them there too, and then download them to my computer with a media converter. Hell, they even play Michael Bolton hard rock BEFORE he went to the mellow stuff that made him famous. Give it a few days, I think you'll like it. Everyone else I mentioned it to has.

Cool I will check it out. Did not know there were Scorps albums not US released.

Krokus... I think one of the greatest tunes ever is "Screaming in the Night"  and the video is epic 80's!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Ae0k27LT4  :icon_smile_big: 

TruckDriver

Krokus has a good 5 albums that never were released or got radio play in America.
http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=155

The Scorpions have about 9 albums that were never played here (not sure about the compilation albums, then it would be more then 9). They just released another new album last year.
http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/band.cgi?BandNum=157

You ever need info one bands from the '80/early '90's and if they are still together or if they are still recording, I am still mostly up to date on them. It's become a bit of a hobby for me over the years.

BTW, Maiden has release 5 albums just since 2000, including one a few months ago. It's pretty good too. Accept is still going, and has release 3 albums in the last 7 years, 6 since 1990. Since you like metal and Accept, you will really like Herman Frank. He was with Accept on 2 or 3 albums, was on tour with them again a couple of years ago, and was one of the founders of one of my favorite bands Victory out of Germany. He also has a bunch of solo projects and other bands he works with. One outstanding guitarist too. There is stuff by him all over YouTube, specially off his new album recently released. http://www.hermanfrank.com/
PETE

tcs69rt

This was my first concert in 82. Survivor opened for them and did a 10 minute version of "Eye of the Tiger"  :smilielol: My next concert was The Firm with Jimmy Page and Paul Rogers. Hoping that reunion is on the horizon!  :popcrn:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

TruckDriver

Bad Company recently reunited with Paul Rogers for a tour and new album.
PETE

tcs69rt

Bad Company just came thru Denver with Joe Walsh....kicking myself for not going to that event!  :brickwall:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

TruckDriver

PETE

Kern Dog

Quote from: Ponch ® on January 14, 2017, 06:26:01 PM
Night Ranger... :lol:

Yeah....Where is the humor in Night Ranger???
Our cars were second hand used street machines when this band was at the height of their game. I liked the band....Several memories of cruising in my 69 and later 76 Dart listening to Night Ranger cassette tapes!

VegasCharger

crj1968 & TruckDriver huge KroKus fan here. They did a show in Vegas a few years back in a small club and it was awesome. It was their first US appearance in over ten years prior to that. Also seen them back in the mid 80s. Hope they come around again, would definitely go see them again. Especially for less than $30.00 which was the cost last show.

You guys probably like Saxon too. They're touring the states with UFO. I'm there.

Sorry for the hi jack.

:cheers:

TruckDriver

I like Saxon and some UFO too. The new Krokus album Big Rocks is released tomorrow. (Jan 27). It's all cover tunes but they got the House of the rising sun on their web page, and I like it. It is the bands 26th album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnldWUup_I

A couple for the 2010 Album Hoodoo. All original members from the various lineups they had.

Rock N Roll Handshake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyg-rk3_mA

Shot Of Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMaVLfBP-pg

Halluljah Rock'n'Roll - from Dirty Dynamite from 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkipv-q-II4
PETE