News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best website for fitting thru hood blower to 440?

Started by alfaitalia, December 20, 2016, 06:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

For my own project I need some guidance on blowers. 6-71 . I'm a more than reasonable mechanic and have delt with turbos and nitrous before but this will be my first even blower fitment. I've found several sites ....with loads I of contradictory info! So if anyone knows a good site for in detail info....cam timing, injector set ups and compression ratios are really where I need help.... before I get in any further. It's a 440 we are taking about by the way! Thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

1974dodgecharger

good luck.....stick with basics what everyone saids.  :icon_smile_big:

alfaitalia

Lol...where would be the fun in that...blower is on the way the UK and the bottom end is nearly done.....! I have never seen a 671 blown stroked 69 Charger in the UK.......although I would be surprised if there are more than 20 Chargers actually in a road worthy state in this country......so I should stand out from all the boring GL reps we get here. I have the ability to work it all out for myself.....hopefully....but you can't beat the experience of someone who's been there and come across the problems before.

crj1968

I had the same idea in the past- did not go through with it...but these guys were very helpful

http://dyersblowers.com/

alfaitalia

John_Kunkel

I think most will advise you to forget the 6-71 and go with the 8-71...more boost for a given speed or same boost with a lower speed/lower temperature.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

alfaitalia

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 21, 2016, 06:58:45 PM

I think most will advise you to forget the 6-71 and go with the 8-71...more boost for a given speed or same boost with a lower speed/lower temperature.

I agree 871 is better than 671 and same price its an inch longer you can turn that blower slower for same amount of boost and if you wanted to, 'grow' in boost the 671 is maxed out early vs a 871.   My 871 blower was rated for 15lbs of boost and could of pushed it to 18 lbs if wanted too..

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

G-man

:2thumbs:

Very nice car.

What kind of Power you pushing through that?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: G-man on December 26, 2016, 03:16:23 AM
:2thumbs:

Very nice car.

What kind of Power you pushing through that?

engine dynode at 505HP before blower and I ran 10lbs of boost...engine was not built for that amount of boost especially for street use, but I got hungry.  Im redoing everything to center around the new engine 572 HEMI with 1471 blower this time....

so to answer your question my stupid estimate is 800HP......which means probably 600HP  :icon_smile_big:

blower is custom built......

G-man

Im guessing the estimate is based on the current engine, not the 572 Hemi blown...

That size engine will be 800 without the blower lol

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: G-man on December 26, 2016, 03:52:37 AM
Im guessing the estimate is based on the current engine, not the 572 Hemi blown...

That size engine will be 800 without the blower lol

hahahha.....yeah....I ran a 50 shot nitrous through it also with blower going full bore at near 11lbs of boost blew it up....

future HEMI will have 1300HP with race gas and daily drive 91 octane 1K HP.

alfaitalia

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 26, 2016, 12:37:57 AM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 21, 2016, 06:58:45 PM

I agree 871 is better than 671 and same price its an inch longer you can turn that blower slower for same amount of boost and if you wanted to, 'grow' in boost the 671 is maxed out early vs a 871.   My 871 blower was rated for 15lbs of boost and could of pushed it to 18 lbs if wanted too..

Beautiful and not a million miles away from the look im going for (much darker blue though....most of it anyway !?!).....gotta have the intake horn with the flaps though......just like Doms!!