News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rms alterkation and oil pan clearance

Started by 68 charger freak, November 08, 2016, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 charger freak

Hey guys does anyone running an alterkation have a measurement between there  k frame and the oil pan? I'm thinking might be running into some clearance  problems with my 440's oil pan and rms ,due to the engine having a 1/2" bcr griddle
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

NitroNeal

I built a 68 Coronet with RMS. Been quite a while, but I had clearence problems. It's tight with a stock 6 quart pan. Took that off and bought one of the high dollar milodon pans built for "coilover/rack&pinion" . It didn't fit for crap. Finally got a guru @ milodon to fess up that they never looked @ RMS stuff. They used XV. I'd guess if you have extra girdle  making the pan hang down lower, you're going to be cutting and making a custom front end of the pan. Call and talk to Bill and see what he's run into. The guy has pretty much seen it all.

Neal.

NitroNeal

Just  thought, ideal situation would be engine on engine stand and K frame in hand and mock it up and see.

68 charger freak

Thanks Neal that just what  I was looking for .. I had the same idea about test fitting on the stand but I took the pan off my engine and gave it to my dad for his charger.
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior