News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

kind of sexy....

Started by khojnacki, November 02, 2016, 08:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennard

Not my thing. That tail light section... :eek2:

Fitz73Chrgr

In my opinion that Tantrum Charger is ruined.  I wish they would have done that to a Mustang or Camaro instead.

Cool idea?  Yes. 

Improved Charger?  Nope. 

:Twocents:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

VegasCharger

Another year, another SEMA show and the same CRAPPY ruined Charger.  :eek2:

Crappy Mustangs, Crappy New Challengers, boring!!!!!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Charger_Fan

I like the Tantrum Charger...mostly. The grille with exposed headlights isn't great, but it's also not terrible, IMO. I can see why they would have to lose the hideaway headlights, to gain clearance for the radiator & huge intercooler...so I give them a pass on that. Now the tail light idea is obviously the result of a bad bong hit. :eek2:

As far as the rest of the car...the whole body wrapped in carbon fiber is...well...okay I guess. But the rest of it, the body & frame bracing underneath, the engine & drive train, I love it!! And I like 90% of the interior too. The wheels & tires...I would like a bit more side wall, but that's just me.
I would gladly park that baby in my garage...then swiftly change the tail lights back to stock.  ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfaitalia

Quote from: Charger_Fan on November 03, 2016, 12:19:48 PM
I like the Tantrum Charger...mostly. The grille with exposed headlights isn't great, but it's also not terrible, IMO. I can see why they would have to lose the hideaway headlights, to gain clearance for the radiator & huge intercooler...so I give them a pass on that. Now the tail light idea is obviously the result of a bad bong hit. :eek2:

As far as the rest of the car...the whole body wrapped in carbon fiber is...well...okay I guess. But the rest of it, the body & frame bracing underneath, the engine & drive train, I love it!! And I like 90% of the interior too. The wheels & tires...I would like a bit more side wall, but that's just me.
I would gladly park that baby in my garage...then swiftly change the tail lights back to stock.  ;D

Usually, for someone as argumentative as me, I agree with this post 100%..... The tail lights are pain horrid...there must be way of modernising the 69/70 look lights to match the modern look of the car without losing the character of the originals...they have achieved it well throughout the rest of the vehicle imo. Fitting same "rat muscle daisy" style exhaust would be cool too.....hey if you are going to over do it........!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Stevearino

Why does anyone think that they can improve one of the sexiest features of the 69/70 Charger? The tail lights. In 2012 even the modern Charger got a make over that reflected the style of the original tail lights. Also if you are going through all the trouble and expense to redesign the tail lights why the hell would you make the shape of the top right and left corners look misfit to the body contours. I admire the effort that went into this car. The mold work alone is incredibly labor intensive. But sometimes you need to resist trying to improve on perfection.

Laowho

Really? We have a 70 but would gladly join others in putting in the 68 jet exhaust tail lights. Sorry, but the "sexiness" of the 2d Gen will always be its no-neck shoulders bearing down on us. The whole car radiates from them. And this rebuild is about as George Washington's axe as are the 108-year-old Cubs. Yet there they are. Yeah, that tail is really awful.