News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 R/T Charger 440 Motor 8B357917

Started by CRW-FK5, August 12, 2016, 09:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CRW-FK5

The engine in my 1970 R/T Charger is not original.  It was pulled from a 1968 R/T Charger long ago (as I've been told by previous owner).  That car is believed to have been salvaged but was reported as having significant rust, as it was an original west coast car and exposed to salty air.  The owner at that time (over 25 years ago) reportedly planned to restore the car but, for some reason, had no interest in the original motor.  I don't know if the car is still around but if it is, the owner may NOW have interest in this motor.  If anyone has any knowledge of it and can relay this information to him/her, that would be appreciated.  I know I would want someone to do the same for me.  Unfortunately, I'm told my original motor was destroyed long ago.  Thanks.

1968 440 HP  April 13 Assembly Date

VIN:  8 B 3 5 7 9 1 7  (I believe I've read these correctly but see pictures for clarification)

MO68CHARGER

This is so close to mine! The original HP 400 was long gone from my car when I purchased it. Mine was a R/T 440 HP built in Hamtramck, MI on April 09, '68. Unfortunately the S/N is off by a few. This motor must have been put in soon after mine! So close! I'm trying to re-build mine as close to original as possible and it would be amazing to have the original motor in it. Thanks for posting!

CRW-FK5

Quote from: MO68CHARGER on October 26, 2016, 11:16:09 AM
This is so close to mine! The original HP 400 was long gone from my car when I purchased it. Mine was a R/T 440 HP built in Hamtramck, MI on April 09, '68. Unfortunately the S/N is off by a few. This motor must have been put in soon after mine! So close! I'm trying to re-build mine as close to original as possible and it would be amazing to have the original motor in it. Thanks for posting!
Man, that is close.  Good luck with your search.