News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger Master Power Brakes?

Started by 71Chargr, July 28, 2016, 09:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71Chargr

So, I've begun the process of bringing back to life the 71 Charger that's been in my family since it was brand new.  Just had a shop swap out the fuel system to get her running again.  Got some new wheels and tire.  Ordered a complete suspension kit from Hotchkis and now on the hunt for a disc brake conversion kit. 

I was pointed in the direction of Master Power.  So, before I order a kit, figured I'd ask here first if anyone has ordered and installed the kit on their 71 and how they like it?

Thanks in advance!

lukedukem

i used Dr. diff and couldn't be happier, i almost went with MP. did your car have power from factory. you might give them a call and talk to Cass.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

71Chargr

Yes, OE Power brakes.  I'm not familiar with Dr. Diff.. Do they offer a full kit? I liked the pricing on the MP kit.

lukedukem

Quote from: 71Chargr on July 28, 2016, 10:01:40 AM
Yes, OE Power brakes.  I'm not familiar with Dr. Diff.. Do they offer a full kit? I liked the pricing on the MP kit.

i also had OE power drum brakes (69 charger), i bought their stage 2 kit, but i needed a disk master cylinder as well, couldn't use the drum one. i kept my drum booster and will be adding a prop valve. the MP kit is 1200 bucks for power kit. Dr. diff is 600 but you need to add the master cylinder.
http://www.doctordiff.com/front-disc-brake-kit-for-11.75-on-disc-knuckles.html
it is still cheaper. i would call them and talk to them and tell them what you want to do. but i know guys on here use the MP kit and love it. hopefully they will chime in.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

71Chargr