News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lower Control Arms

Started by Moparman01, July 07, 2016, 02:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

Is this correct, factory LCA's have mounting tabs on them for front sway bar equipped cars and cars not equiped with sway bars the LCA's do not have the tabs? My 68 Charger is a factory 383/2bbl car that was very light on options, it did not have a front sway bar. The guy doing the body work on my Charger has a set of LCA's from a '66 Charger that has the sway bar tabs, we are both certain they interchange just fine but I'm double checking before I buy them from him. I of course want to add a front sway bar to my car during the suspension build. Thanks!

HPP

You could do that. It wasn't until '70 that the location of the sway bar tabs moved.

Or you could add weld on repops from Summit. $36 a pair; https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hss-23367

Mike DC

A 1968 383 Charger would have come standard with the front swaybar.  IIRC there was no option choice that removed it until 1970.   

green69rt

Here's what a LCA with tab looks like.  Came off my 69 383/2 bbl auto.

Moparman01

Hmmm, yeah mine don't seem to have that tab, but the ones he has do. My car was pretty badly wrecked in the front at some point in it's life and was bastardized quite a bit when who ever "fixed" it. God only knows what parts may have been used in the rebuild. I don't have my LCA's on hand to look again, but when we compared them to the ones he has (plus his own 66 Coronet LCA's) they were different. I'd like to just buy the rebuilt/re-enforced LCA's from Firm Feel, but I have to get my cores to send in first.

green69rt

I think there was a thread on here, not long ago, about how to tell the different LCA's apart (A vs. B vs other.)  There seemed to be subtle differences IIRC.