News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's always something...

Started by lloyd3, June 25, 2016, 08:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Getting ready to sort out the shifter on the car. Went out to the garage to do a few other things first and discovered that the floor jack has given up the ghost.  Dammit, these things used to last forever! Great, just great. Cast about to find my jack-stands only to be told that one now resides under a broken bedframe. Creative solution.... but not much utility in the garage.  Ok, shopped around for both, hit all the usual places and only Wal-Mart had anything remotely affordable and still useful.  Ok, picked everything up and stuffed it into the cart. Heavy!  As I was wheeling it to the check-out, I read the back of the box "over 50lbs, get 2 people to move & load". Gee, no wonder my back is now hurting.   

It's still sitting in the trunk of the Honda. I'm sitting here waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in. Tomorrow is another day.

JR

Dude.

Next time, Harbor Freight aluminum jack. Can't beat these things for the money.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

69wannabe

I feel your pain!! It's always something..... I got a craftsman floor jack that is 20 yrs old that works better than the craftsman floor jack I bought 2 yrs ago.

polywideblock

would it be cheaper/easier  to replace the bed ?  ;)  hope your back is better  :cheers:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Mopar Nut

Get better soon and wishing you better luck in the future.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

don duick

voltarin 25 works great for back pain

myk

Hey, it's part of the lives we lead with these cars.  In the end, it's worth all the trouble. 

At least, I tell myself these things so I don't pound my head into the hood...

M5Ivan

Sorry to hear. It's always a bummer when you decide to tackle a project and find out you're missing the tools needed and you have to go buy them (again). Even worse when you pull your back too  :brickwall:
Feel better!!!

b5blue

I twanged my back installing a/c and it's no fun messing with the car.  :eek2:

lloyd3

My bigger problem is on ongoing health issue caused by a tick the size of a poppy-seed. The medications I'm on to eradicate that infection make me fairly miserable, and I've been taking them for over 20-months now.  When you don't feel good.... you don't tend to do enough to really maintain your overall strength and endurance.  Hope to be off these meds and back in the action here very soon.