News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need Master Cyclinder Replacement

Started by Speedfreak, June 20, 2016, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedfreak

Mine just developed a leak at the rear, likely the seal.  Not sure if the unit on there is correct or not.  Does anyone have the casting number of the right one so I can check?  Also where would be a good place to purchase one that is 100% correct or as close to?  Posted it here since it is a Daytona, but likely no difference from a Charger R/T.  It is a 440, 4sp, power Disc/Drum setup.  Thanks to all!

John

PS... Is the entire unit painted black like the Booster?  Seen painted and not.

DAY CLONA

Fenco M1475 or Duralast M1475 at Autozone these master units are with the lines inboard towards the motor...avoid the 13-1475 Cardone unit

Speedfreak

Thank you very much Dayclona for the info.  I checked out these units at a local Autozone, unfortunately though it may fit my application, it does not come close to having the correct shape of the original.  Maybe OK for an average clone, but definitely not for a real Daytona.  Thanks anyway.

6bblgt

didn't NAPA release an all new casting for this application a few years ago?
NAPA On line just shows a new HEMI-style master cylinder with the lines toward the inner fender & "out of stock" on the reman 383/440 style.
I am also in need of one for a disc brake '69 Road Runner.

odcics2

Try Jacks Auto Parts in NJ. 

He had NOS units.   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Speedfreak on June 20, 2016, 05:32:32 PM
Thank you very much Dayclona for the info.  I checked out these units at a local Autozone, unfortunately though it may fit my application, it does not come close to having the correct shape of the original.  Maybe OK for an average clone, but definitely not for a real Daytona.  Thanks anyway.

Perhaps your vehicle has an incorrect replacement in it?...any pics or casting numbers (located underneath the master) I have the complete casting number manual for masters used on Chryslers thruout the 60's-70's

odcics2

Also - try RAMMAN.  Best Chrysler brake guy around.

Had him take my NOS unit from Jack's and "Nascarize" it by putting in check valves to keep a little line pressure. (like a disc set up)
Also had him machine some wheel cylinders for the special heat resistant Nascar seals.

Great work, great price, fast turnover.    :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

thehemikid

Also double check,...cause an upper lid leak can run down and collect at the rear most lower flange and have all the appearance of a rear seal leak.  Had that happen twice.

Paul 500

I found this
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

kiwitrev

got mine through restorations by Julius in conoga park area of los angeles
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 6bblgt on June 21, 2016, 12:59:53 AM
didn't NAPA release an all new casting for this application a few years ago?
NAPA On line just shows a new HEMI-style master cylinder with the lines toward the inner fender & "out of stock" on the reman 383/440 style.
I am also in need of one for a disc brake '69 Road Runner.

Yes they did back in 2007 and it was very nice for a repro.  Nice fat lip for the cap to seal on as well.  I have one in my car.  I believe they have since disco'd them :rotz:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T