News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANOTHER ? ON 69 B7 BLUE INTERIOR....

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, April 10, 2006, 05:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

I had asked in a previous post about the upper door cushion color as apposed to the dash pad colors,as the seats and door panels are a little lighter than them.I found another puzzling piece,my door jambs have been painted over with the outside B5 color,but when I pulled off the wheatherstrip,the original B7 color(because they taped them up),was still there and also under the upper door cushion.This appears to be like this because a little of upper metal in front of the door cushion is exposed.So like someone stated in a reply,the brake point for color is the wheatherstrip.On a whim I mixed up a pint of exterior B7,spayed it out and found that it matches perfectly.Does this mean the upper door cushion is supposed to be dark also,to match the metal portion on the bottom??????In replys on this sight ,from mags and pictures that I took from shows ,I am seeing both!!!!! On my 68 coronet,that has all original interior,the door panel is one color,the upper door,(which is metal),and the bottom under the door panel,are the same color.Any answers???????????

Just 6T9 CHGR

I can only hazzard a guess.

If you have the Blue C6D or CRD (leather) interior, the "upper door frame" color is always B7 blue....upper door frame pertains to the upper & lower door frames.  Other B bodies like the RR that didnt get an upper door pad would have the upper part exposed, like the lower part is on all doors.

Irregardless if your exterior color was B5 or B3 etc, the interior door frame color with a blue vinyl or leather interior will always be B7 blue

Same thing goes for greens....F8 is always the interior color
Same for reds.....R6 is always the interior color
Same for the tans.....T3 is always the interior color

Hopefully this helps a bit
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

almerkel

I have an almost complete ser of 69 blue seat belts.  I need a black set.  Any interest? 

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks for asking,but all my belts are fine.

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks again Chris,I just seen the 69 charger needing resto on e-bay with blue interior,it does'nt look like it was ever touched,and the door cushions are definetely darker than the door panels.It just looks a little wierd looking at dark blue uppers against lighter blue door panels,but if that is how it is supposed to be,I want it to be correct.Besides black  being my favorite color for a 69 interior,it would make things alot easier if it was,but I have to go with what is original,anyway  my car is B5  with white top and stripe,I geuss the best suited colors for the interior is either blue or white.

69 OUR/TEA

One more ? on interior colors.Is the console color also supposed to be B7 like the dash pads and door cushions?