News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 hemi H wheels?

Started by hemiron1, March 19, 2016, 04:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiron1

Anyone out there know who sells correct looking H wheels 15x6 for a 69 hemi charger 500. Build date of 12/04/68? Thanks Ron

moparchris

From 1 Hemi 500 owner to another:
http://www.classicchambered.com

Good luck with what I'm assuming is a restoration?
What's you 500 like?
Chris  :cheers:

hemiron1

Classic chambered is a flat out no. He's been out of them for awhile. As to the C 500 it has 10,000 miles on it. It was parked in 1974 the owner took the entire interior out. Removed the drive train including exhaust. Put all of it in storage and parked the car outside. I've put it through a rotisserie restoration including full dipping of entire car. Lot's of work. It's painted t3. Not much on options hemi automatic 8 3/4 drum brakes manual steering on the column. Bucket seats black interior. I've had it about 25 years now. Working on getting everything on the underside put together so we can get it off the jack stands. Ect. I see Coker has 15x6 Rims but not sure they are correct? Ron

charge69

Welcome to the forum !  The Coker MOPAR Standard (as they call it) rim looks pretty good as it has 3 nubs and a flat nut plate and the original Hemi Wheels are just like it!  Keep looking for originals but, if you cannot find them, I think the Coker rim looks pretty original.

Here is a bad picture of one of my original JJ wheels date coded around the middle of January, 1969 I believe.

hemiron1

So you think the Coker rims look correct except for the H and date codes by the valve stem? Ron

hemiron1

Also are there rims backspacing the same? Thanks again Ron

charge69

I do not know about the backspacing on the Coker rim but, they look pretty good to me. If I were restoring a Charger that originally wore JJ rims, these would be my choice if I could not find originals.  These gotta be wayyyyy cheaper than the originals and almost no one would see the difference!

My R/T originally came with Deluxe Full Wheel Covers (I have 4 of them still N.I.B.) so you would not be able to see the wheels anyway. If you are going to run "poverty covers", I still would not worry about it. Just paint them body color and be done with it!

hemiron1

Sounds like a plan. That's probably what I'll do. Then there's the tires, I want to have the original look but with radials. Thanks again! Ron

6bblgt

If you are going thru the trouble of the above restoration, radial tires won't do the car justice & I doubt you are going to drive the car on long trips to get any benefit from the radial tires.  The "ride" on the belted tires with new suspension components is not the bad ride everyone recalls having to deal with on old worn out suspensions "back in the day".

Do yourself and the HEMI Charger 500 a favor F70-15 GOODYEAR POLYGLAS tires!

hemiron1

6bblgt

Kelsey Tire in Missouri is the manufacturer for reproduction Goodyear tires.

http://www.kelseytire.com/pages/preformancetires2.html (looks like list price is $245 each)

U65 = red stripe F70-15 Goodyear Polyglas (STANDARD on 1969 HEMI cars)
U64 = white stripe F70-15 Goodyear Polyglas (OPTIONAL at no-charge on 1969 HEMI cars)  

:scratchchin: is/was there a white stripe on your T3 500?  got B'cast sheet?

there are other people/places that handle the tires but they all go thru MO, what part of the country are you in?

hemiron1

Nope no sheet except the wrong one found under the seat for a XS29J9B. Charger 500 tires on that were U65's. I'm 5 miles east of Madison Wi.

6bblgt

& check out the Charger 500 registry thread here on Dodge-Charger

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,115251.0.html

looks like your VIN is there but not much info on your car - could you update some of the info & do you GOT pics?   :icon_smile_big: & welcome aboard!!

6bblgt

Jim Miner at Heartland Tire - jminer30@charter.net. PH: 507-289-3949.

Jim's a Mopar guy with a Goodyear store up your way - he handles the Goodyear reproductions.  :2thumbs:

hemiron1

Yes I was going to input my info on the site then got sidetracked. I will get to it soon.  I'll call jim and see what he says. Last vin # on wrong sheet is 210734? Ron

6bblgt

very little info on XX29J9B210734 also - is it red?  R4 or R6  :scratchchin: auto or 4-spd?

hemiron1

Beep Beep Dave

Hello Ron, its good that you found this place and starting posting. Its a good group.

As far as your wheels the best source for a reproduction would be found back at the A12 Registry:

http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1378342086;start=all

If you are patient you could always look for original wheels, your date code would be a little less expensive than a latter date so you may get lucky.

Best of luck!

Dave 
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

6bblgt

Quote from: hemiron1 on March 21, 2016, 04:06:10 PM
Says XS on sheet?

but the Vehicle Order Number starts "925xxx" & has an "A11" in the packages section .....

some Charger 500: VIN tags, fender tags, engines, transmissions, broadcast sheets, etc. have "XS29" instead of "XX29",
but the VON will always be "925xxx" for a Charger 500

hemiron1

Thanks Dave I appreciate any and all help!  Yes I was a little bit confused about the wrong broadcast sheet they way it had the XS. Ron

hemiron1

Quote from: 6bblgt on March 21, 2016, 03:46:23 PM
very little info on XX29J9B210734 also - is it red?  R4 or R6  :scratchchin: auto or 4-spd?
925520 is the order # R4 is color. And Trans code is 094. Ron