News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Electric exhaust cutout

Started by billssuperbird, February 19, 2016, 11:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

What does everyone think of them.  :popcrn: which one is the best

c00nhunterjoe

I dont like them, mainly because cars that use them are too mild (in my opinion) for the open header sound.

68X426

My Hemi loves them, best money I've spent for fun for the buck.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

BSB67

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on February 19, 2016, 12:25:25 PM
I dont like them, mainly because cars that use them are too mild (in my opinion) for the open header sound.

Exactly.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

billssuperbird

What do you recommend for 2 1/2

c00nhunterjoe

Ive never seen electric ones last. Something about tiny gears, electric motors, plastic and 1000 degree exhaust. If i HAD to put cutouts on my car, i would put the cable operated style on.

out there

I have three inch exhaust and they sound unbelievable, but it is 605 cubic inches. Very deep and not ear piercing like I would expect. I'm sure that sounds would get tiresome if it was always open

1974dodgecharger

Loud and obnoxious I live in a family oriented community one guy had me on his Daytona......we fined him 500 dollars every time we heard it.....he had like 20 fines last year....

out there

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on February 20, 2016, 06:08:54 AM
Loud and obnoxious I live in a family oriented community one guy had me on his Daytona......we fined him 500 dollars every time we heard it.....he had like 20 fines last year....

Exactly why the cutouts are nice. I want to keep it quiet for my neighbors. They are fun to have open though when car guys are around

mopar0166

Dougs Headers cutout are awesome, seal perfect

:2thumbs:

fy469rtse

for drag race duty ,
on the strip to open up for max unrestricted exhaust , full power run
and you would only put these on if you were a reg on the strip
noise level too much ,
we have tossers here too , mild engine loud exhaust, keep the idle up way too high , trying to convince everyone around , its hot  :lol:

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

J-440

Quick Time Performance.  Paid $300 so they better last dammit!  They sound great with a lumpy 440 and they also come in handy when you pull up to a light and some ricer kid has his stereo cranked too loud. 
  Side note: The new Camaro and Vette have a butterfly valve in their exhaust that automatically opens and closes depending on how hard you mash the gas pedal.   
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

morepower

I have used DMH, Summit brand, and raceready and they have all failed. This is on a 350 89 camaro too. They dont seal the butterfly gear gets stripped and yeah. Those new doug thorley are supposed to be good because they slide in and out instead of rotate. I wouldn't waste another dollar on any other brand until i tried them.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105