News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Toni´s 70 charger rt. The third reconstruction.

Started by Toni, July 16, 2014, 03:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Toni you have a master cylinder for front disk/rear drum brakes. See the larger brake fluid well to the rear of the master cylinder, that is for the front disk as they use a greater volume of fluid than a drum brake would. The only way I know to correct brake "bias" would be to install drum brakes on the rear?   :scratchchin: 
  The Charger is fantastic, you have done an amazing job!  :2thumbs:

Toni

Quote from: b5blue on May 23, 2015, 10:28:21 AM
  Toni you have a master cylinder for front disk/rear drum brakes. See the larger brake fluid well to the rear of the master cylinder, that is for the front disk as they use a greater volume of fluid than a drum brake would. The only way I know to correct brake "bias" would be to install drum brakes on the rear?   :scratchchin: 
  The Charger is fantastic, you have done an amazing job!  :2thumbs:

Thanks Neal. Its great that i can trust you when i need advise :2thumbs:

I did try to put vacuum hose straight to carburetor and i found out that there are enough vacuum for decent brakes  :yesnod:

It was very scary to drive it yesterday because there was powered brakes maybe every second stops.

Now i can trow the electric vacuum pump away. 

I think that i replace brake booster and master cylinder maybe next winter. Now i just trying to enjoy cruising

b5blue

Something like this will help:
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/63010/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710744766&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000848229&cadevice=c&gclid=CPWx-7rx4sUCFYoYHwodn1gAVw
I used one for years with a 509 cam in my 440.  :2thumbs: It will give just enough extra vacuum reserve for that 2nd stop if needed.  :2thumbs: You can learn to let the engine idle to get vacuum to build up more reserve. 

b5blue

BE CAREFUL you may have found out WHY the Charger had front end damage!  :o

Toni

Hello all.

Summer is gone and charger has served well :icon_smile_cool:  Now during the rainy days i have time to do something again.

I have litle trans problem but that was only bent front band strut. Actually 2 times. Now there are stronger billet one.

I going to bring my car to the quite big car show at next month, and i think i have to order now the missing lower senter pad and i have to install orginal style radio. Only the radio mounting nut are the problem. Luckily my friend promised that he order thread tap and made the nuts for me.

Here are Hidden Bluethooth player. Cost only 30$ aprox at ebay.

And here is where i put it

When i looking the radio wires i accidentally fix the gauge lights  :yesnod:

I install 6" wide 3M rock protection take behind to the tires.

Normally you barely see them

Toni

I have to add one clip of the bluetooth player intro :rotz:  I think it will fit better to toyota prius example :rofl:
http://vid185.photobucket.com/albums/x194/Hautala/MOV_0266.mp4

Toni

Here is couple photos of the show where i was with my charger :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Now i wonder if i should put it resting until next summer. i have maybe 2000 miles behind past summer.

Toni.

WHITE AND RED 69

1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Toni

Hello all!

Update.  I ask few questions at brake topic. I did get many good advice. I think that the biggest reason of the poor brakes was low vacuum.

Now i have finished my hydrobooster installation.  I did it quite low budget but im very happy with it :scratchchin:

I bought reman hydrobooster and new mastersylinder from rockauto.  I was very suprised that the hydrobooster looks like new. If it has used at all it was very nice
job.

Here you can see my diy adaptor plates.

I wasnt be happy with my adaptor plate design. So i grind little bit :icon_smile_big:

I measured carefully correct minimum length of the rod. Then i was able to install the booster close as possible to firewall.

I am very surprised that the hoses and the fittings are so expensive.  So i did little diy job and bought fittings and the hoses which i found locally.
I did weld the fittings straight to old pipes.  ( I did test to twist welded pipe many times, It doesnt crack)

I did remove the rubber thing under that. Now the combination valve should work better with rear disc brakes.

When i test drive it i found the cooling fluids inside of the car :eek2: When i take apart the heater box i found out that the steel parts of the heater box was so rusted that i need to have those sand blasted. I bought new seals also. First time i did try to fix the heater core with soldering tin. After that: Test drive--> Fluids on the floor again. :brickwall:  Now i have new heater core.

garner7555

That's awesome!   What type of car is the booster and master for?
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

Toni

Booster is for 2006 Dodge Ram with cummins. And Master sylinder is raybestos mc39178.

crj1968

Cant answer your engine noise problem...sorry. But the car looks fantastic.  On your headlight doors you can adjust the stops to line up the doors stripe with the grille stripe.

Love the gloss black!!!   :coolgleamA:

Toni

Thanks.  
I have tightened the valve lash.  I measured them Hot and there was 0,025 inch and i adjust them to 0,017-0,019inch.
Now engine runs a lot of smoother.
And i found that the firewall doesnt have insulation at all.  because i have to remove heater box i has great chance to add insulation. I have ordered hood insulation also.
I hope that i dont need ear plugs next summer.

b5blue