News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Origional General Lee Sound from the TV Series

Started by Harper, December 26, 2017, 09:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC4SCC2geuM

Thought a few of you might like this. To me is sounds like headers with Glass packs :)
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

Baldwinvette77

i personally dont think they would have taken the time to install headers, but from what i heard, they did either use glasspacks or remove the muffers depending on the engine

keith88

Actually on the TV it was a recorded sound from smoky and the bandit and not the real car , that being said i do have glass packs and headers on mine.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Harper

QuoteActually on the TV it was a recorded sound from smoky and the bandit and not the real car , that being said i do have glass packs and headers on mine.

i hate to disagree, but there is no way some of those are not a 440. Unless the General Mayham Charger on Road kill is also using that same sound for their car.
1968 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (GL Clone)
1951 F1 Ford 302 EFI, Automatic
1965 F100 Ford Straight 6, 3 speed on column (all original)

cdr

That poor thing sounds like it's running on 6  out of 8
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Cncguy

I've heard they used sounds from the movie Bullitt.

c00nhunterjoe

1st episodes were live audio. Can be easily picked up as the sound of the dixie horn is muffled and soft compared to the latter where they dubbed sound fx in. Lots of changes throughout the series but the correct answer is glasspacks and manifolds.