News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

another charger adventure

Started by cbrestorations, January 09, 2016, 01:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrestorations

i need a film crew to follow me on these car adventures because there is always drama...this car was the biggest pain in the ass to actually take possession of...i was talking to the guy about the car for 2 months before i finally went up to get it way up in the mountains near gold hill, oregon. so i traveled 900 miles from vegas and met the seller in a parking lot in gold hill because i knew there would be no phone signal where the car was located, after meeting him i knew this was going to be a hillbilly cluster f***. sure enough after driving up to the the turn off dirt road that was just wide enough for me to fit on and being 15 degrees uphill he approaches my drivers window and says..."there may be some hostility where we are going" i replied...wtf man, i traveled 900 miles for you to tell me this only 300 feet from the car? he replied "its my ex wife and her boyfriend who have my charger. i then armed myself from the hidden gun in the truck. so i drive up the hill as he said there is plenty of room to turn around and it opens up (this is deep thick woods), sure enough he was full of sh**. i had to jack knife my truck and trailer up a hill on the side of the road scuffing up my rear bumper just so i could turn around. then walking towards the car im confronted my 2 other hillbillys asking what im doing here. "im here to buy the charger", "no ur not, there is $ owed to us on this car, it aint going anywhere till were paid". they were holding the charger as ransom till the seller paid the ex wife what she wanted. long story short on that subject i paid the ex wife $1500 to allow me to even look at the car and able to buy it from the seller, i told the seller that 1500 comes out of your price.
then i had to deal with an old semi truck that had the charger boxed in up a hill and were talkin about a semi that looked like it had been parked there in 1980. well 2 hrs later we get the semi to run good enough to move it but of course it was stuck in the mud, not to mention it was pitch black, raining and ice cold. digging it out didnt work, nor did shoving things under the rear tires for traction. we tried to hook a heavy duty wench from a 4x4 pick up next to a trailer home dragged out 60 feet to the semi and all the wench did was drag the 4x4 sideways thru the mud. finally i got my trailer backed up to the semi with the wench and with the semi in gear, running and me pulling in the wench we got it out. now...getting the charger to roll, filled the tires with air and filled in some trenches for the car to roll over i finally got the car to the trailer and on it. after loaded and strapped down i went to the seller who didnt help at all, but sat in his van, made me uncomfortable, made me deal with family drama crap, watched him spit in his ex wifes face that damn near turned into a very bad situation and who should of had everything ready before i ever got there and told him im not paying you the full remaining balance, this was bull****. i told him it took over 3 hrs to get this car loaded, im taking $300 from the remaining balance for hassle and he agreed to it. then the ex wifes friends wanted $100 for helping get the car out, i walked back over to the seller, took $100 out of his hand and gave it to the ex wife so i could just get the f*** out of there and get back to civilization.

on the good side, the car was pretty rust free, it did does need quarter skins from damage and small rust aereas but everything else is nice and solid. its a factory a/c, power steering, power window car aswell. he swapped out the 383 for a j440 with a "PH" stamp on it? is that a backwards HP stamp? it has a holley and a edelbrock intake aswell. 70 high back seats

birdsandbees

LOL... looks like one of 'dem was a 'Lectriction!

No shortage of ballast resistors going forward....  :2thumbs:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

cbrestorations

lol yea soon as i got it back to my dads place i cut all the wiring out from under the hood and just ordered a new harness. oh and the seller said right before he parked it he ran 130mph in the 1/4 mile  :smilielol: of course with a 2.76 open diff, stock engine, stock converter and a 600cfm holley... i just looked at him and said "WOW NO-WAY THATS FAST"  :slap:

myk

Coil on the inner fender huh?  That's new to me. 

If that was me I would've turned tail and headed for more sane ground; no car is worth all of that stupidity, but good save, though.  You're like the resident Richard Rawlings, or something...

F8-4life

Sounds like a complete mess of a transaction. But at least you saved a '68 from that situation.
On the upside, I feel a lot better about my life after reading that LOL

skip68

Dang, I'm only 15 minutes from gold hill.   Wish I'd known you were up here I'd helped you out.    Damn dirty hillbillies.   Did they have most of their teeth?   :lol: :lol: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

cbrestorations

they had half their teeth, meth eats teeth lol

tan top

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

,nother action packed adventure !!  I would have gone  nuts , after driving all that way , then faced with that crap  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dino

Yeah a film crew would've been nice.  What an ordeal!   :lol:

Hey can you do me a favor and look at the power window wiring between the door and A pillar?  I'm installing it in mine and as far as I know the wires are just taped and two humongeous conical grommets hold it in place.  Just want confirmation on that if you don't mind.   :2thumbs:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cbrestorations

when i get it off the trailer tomorrow ill snap some pics for you, just pm me your email

Bronzedodge

You have the patience of a saint.  I think I would need a 4 speed or a XX vin to go through what you did.
Mopar forever!

Dino

Quote from: cbrestorations on January 09, 2016, 08:35:07 PM
when i get it off the trailer tomorrow ill snap some pics for you, just pm me your email

Done, thank you   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

At least he had an alarm on it so nobody could steal it.

stripedelete

Quote from: skip68 on January 09, 2016, 03:21:09 PM
Dang, I'm only 15 minutes from gold hill.   Wish I'd known you were up here I'd helped you out.    Damn dirty hillbillies.   Did they have most of their teeth?   :lol: :lol: 

Maybe you could have laid down some covering fire.

djcarguy

THIS bout crosses the line?  Enjoy reading your charger adventures,BUT..  Then you come to my oldhunting,car turf,now few hrs away from me an get another charger  ?/  HA HA HA ,good find an not all us oregonyans are that bad to deal with.  Was it advertised or just secert insider contact?

Think the same twiker did some wirrering on few cars i have got thru the years..

How many chargers you got now??   How many more ya going to get?/  lattter DJ in OREGON??haha  :popcrn:

cbrestorations

as many as i can get my hands on lol, i have 7 on hand with 3 more comming. some i dont plan on keeping, but just rob parts off them so i can use them on cars im keeping and then just re-sell them for what i paid for or sometimes i can make a few bucks.  sometimes i have so much $ out in cars im forced to sell one to recoop $ if work is slow...pretty much most of the cars are major projects. i have a guy on my facebook who has 34 chargers...

RallyeMike

That is the most fantastically interesting engine bay wiring I have ever seen. Don't change a thing!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

skip68

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 10, 2016, 12:26:13 AM
That is the most fantastically interesting engine bay wiring I have ever seen. Don't change a thing!

:eek: :scared: 
That's crazy wiring.  That car's been maintained by Billy Bob for years.   :lol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

VegasCharger

Quote from: djcarguy on January 09, 2016, 11:02:31 PM
  THIS bout crosses the line?  Enjoy reading your charger adventures,BUT..  Then you come to my oldhunting,car turf,now few hrs away from me an get another charger  ?/  HA HA HA ,good find an not all us oregonyans are that bad to deal with.  Was it advertised or just secert insider contact?

Think the same twiker did some wirrering on few cars i have got thru the years..

How many chargers you got now??   How many more ya going to get?/  lattter DJ in OREGON??haha  :popcrn:

Yep, Chris is a very aggressive 2nd gen Charger buyer. I've seen his collection but not as of recently. I need to catch up and pay him a visit. I'm just worried that if I go over there that he'll have a sign on his door saying "Out for another Charger" LOL.

Crazy story Chris. That sounds like too much drama for me anyways. Thick skin you have plus mad skills in trouble shooting.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: