News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New repro Charger fuel tank filler

Started by BLK 68 R/T, December 06, 2015, 01:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

Just thought I would post this in case anyone needs one or wants to replace their beat up original.

Was cruising the 521 Restorations B Body section and found this.
http://www.521restorations.com/index.pl?page=bbody&sub1=Fuel

cavemanno1

I'm looking for a gas tank and looked at theirs as well but the prices are all over the place!521 has two,one called Spectra premium and one tin plated.Spectra is made in Canada but it's out of stock and the tin plated isn't saying where was made!
Then you have rock auto.They sell 4 different one! Platinum pro $142,Spectra premium $160,Dorman and Sherman but they are out of stock.
Then AMD sell them for $180.

So which one is the good one?

Ghoste

Spectra make sending units too that they claim are exactly the same as the originals.

cavemanno1

So the Spectra one is the good one!Do they read correctly as well or just show 3/4 when the tank is full?

Ghoste

I would love to know myself.  There are a couple of guys on here who have reported good results with a sender from one source or another but there have been so many reports of bad results that I'm just leary of trying any of them.  :P

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: cavemanno1 on December 06, 2015, 03:07:59 PM
I'm looking for a gas tank and looked at theirs as well but the prices are all over the place!521 has two,one called Spectra premium and one tin plated.Spectra is made in Canada but it's out of stock and the tin plated isn't saying where was made!
Then you have rock auto.They sell 4 different one! Platinum pro $142,Spectra premium $160,Dorman and Sherman but they are out of stock.
Then AMD sell them for $180.

So which one is the good one?

Go with Spectra, not the tin one.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

DixieRestoParts

Quote from: Ghoste on December 06, 2015, 03:25:28 PM
Spectra make sending units too that they claim are exactly the same as the originals.

My customer's have had mixed results with the sending units, but overall, seem to have a smaller failure percentage than the other overseas stuff.

On the fuel filler neck, they were galvanized as you probably know, so that one looks way wrong to those that care about such things.

I wish someone would make a good filler tube to trunk floor seal. I'd love to find an NOS one for my car, but it's probably unobtanium.
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price