News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many years has it been since your Charger last saw the road?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, November 07, 2015, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

When was your Charger last on the road, running or not?

Mine runs all the time...
29 (30.5%)
6 mos.
8 (8.4%)
About a year...
0 (0%)
Been a couple years...
7 (7.4%)
At least 3 years...
1 (1.1%)
Closer to 5 years...
6 (6.3%)
Maybe near 10...
6 (6.3%)
More than a decade, but less than a dozen...
3 (3.2%)
Fifteen, at least!
5 (5.3%)
6 (6.3%)
6 (6.3%)
30+ years............
18 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 95

GeneralLee440

I got my 70 Charger in Oklahoma this last July and the guy I bought it from had it close to 3 years and it never saw the road while he had it. The license plate sticker thats on the rear bumper says 1989, so Im guessing at least 26 years
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

green69rt

8 years ago.  I unloaded it off of the car carrier and drove it, under its own power, into the garage.  Been there ever since.

58pwrwgn

September 20 1984.  I did drive the Power Wagon today if that counts

Lord Warlock

Car has been stored and not driven since 1985.  I cheated once, had it towed to a shop, then drove it home later after it got dark and traffic had died down, had brakes and trans inspected, back then you couldn't get parts anymore, so took it home and parked it, had kids, grew kids, watched em go off to college and still don't drive the car.  I'm currently finishing up loose ends and expect to have it drivable by end of this year, running out of time, can no longer put it off or i'll miss the chance to drive it on the street again. 

I just had a new driveway built, just so I can get it in and out of the rear two car garage easier. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

JesseJames78

A few days ago... now it's getting prepped for a long winters nap  :icon_smile_sad:

AKcharger

kanadanmajava

My '69 was on the road last time in late 80's (rough estimate by the former owner). Then it was parked outside in Kansas. It saw a glimpse of the road when it was trailered to its new home about half year ago.

69wannabe

I haven't drove mine in a month because it has been non stop raining here!!! :eek2: I know it hasn't been year's but it sure seems like it!!!!! ;)

Pat1973charger

Somewhere around 1980 when it was smashed and left for dead.

dogpro

Bought my 69 R/T in 1996, tore it apart in 99 had a kid in 2000 and everything stopped :brickwall: Now that he is a teenager he doesn't want anything to do with me :smilielol: So I am back on the car and making good progress and just maybe it will be ready to paint by spring :eek2: problem is now I forget how most of it goes back together :RantExplode: but that what you guy's are for :2thumbs:

ws23rt

I started my C500 today to circulate the fluid in a rebuilt power steering pump. The car is deep in my garage/basement so that may not be like seeing the road. :shruggy: But It started and sounded like it should. :2thumbs:

six-tee-nine

I bought mine in 2006 as an empty shell with most of the parts stashed inside of the car.
I cant tell for sure how long it sat before I bought it but going by the number of rodent and mud dabber wasp nests and how crunchy the tires were I'd say at least 10 years... so that means it probably didnt move under its own power in the last 20 years.

I tought I would be one of the few guys here having his project apart for almost a decade, but I'm kinda "glad" i'm not alone. That means there are also other people where life and family/kids get in the way all to often.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

chargerperson

Bought my 67 in 2000, drove it a little off and on through 2005 but car had issues which made it essentially undriveable.  Finally had it fixed and completely restored, correctly, over a 1.5 year period after sitting for 8.5 years so now driving it after 10 years off the road.  Put 650 miles on it in the last 2 months which more than I drove it from 2000-2005. 

Bronzedodge

Just got back from a quick spin - went by the Drive in  ( facebook.com/arcticcircle.icecream), checked Goodwill to see when they closed, stopped by the "quiet" grocery store to get dog food.
Mopar forever!

Stevearino

I believe it was left for dead in Georgia in 1976 per the tag on it when I bought it 3 years ago. I hope to have it back on the road by the spring of 16.