News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Amsoil GL4 leaks all over 4 speed tranny

Started by 1974dodgecharger, August 16, 2014, 11:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Heh, the gl4 from amsoil I used leaks all over the place after sitting in the garage how cow. I used GL5 from walmart supertech 75-90 and didn't leak the week I used it.

c00nhunterjoe

The walmart oil is wrong and wont shift properly and will end up tearing up the syncros. The amsoil will not "cause" leaks. Odds are your seals are just worn out. Where is it leaking from? I prefer the redline oil myself.

1974dodgecharger

it started leaking at the reverse plug so im just gonna get a new reverse plug hopefully that cures it.

Otto70RT

I have an 833 4- speed and it seems to have a leak coming from the back-up light switch, when you say "reverse plug" are you also talking about the back up light switch? Did you resolve your leak? Thanks for any insight.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Otto70RT on September 09, 2016, 04:42:16 PM
I have an 833 4- speed and it seems to have a leak coming from the back-up light switch, when you say "reverse plug" are you also talking about the back up light switch? Did you resolve your leak? Thanks for any insight.

yes new reverse plug as a o ring of some sorts now fixed......