News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8.75 Spool

Started by justcruisin, November 24, 2015, 08:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justcruisin

I am looking at buying a new pig with a 1350 yoke, spool and 35 spline axles to swap out on track days, anything that I need to consider that I might not have thought of?

c00nhunterjoe

How much motor? Slicks? I might consider bigger studs but then that means running different wheels if you are swapping back and forth which brings me to the next question- why swap? Just run the spool on the street. Some will say its a bad idea but ive done it in many cars and i personally know alot of local guys that do as well. Standard radials will chirp around corners but if you build a tight sure grip, they will drag tires too. Just food for thought.

justcruisin

Main reason is I want to use my 3.23 chunk for my longer trips. I will fit up a lower cog with the spool. I didn't intend to use it on the street, although it may be a bit of fun - I understand the potential problems on a wet street with a spool.

I'm only playing at the track - nothing serious, just don't want to break crap if I can avoid it. I have a set of hoosier drag radials for the track, car is only 448ci with a set of eddy rpm's and has run to 111mph on the 3.23's and my street tires, haven't used the DR's as yet, wanted to sort the rear end out first.

c00nhunterjoe

Fair enough. Dont forget a new driveshaft since you are stepping up to a 1350 joint.

justcruisin