News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona vega rear hatch plug value??

Started by DoubleDlover, September 19, 2015, 06:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

So theres 2 vegas in the local junkyard. Both have the complete rear hatchs. One has louvers, one does not... Are these things still worth getting? Meaning are there still guys out there that are looking for them for there Daytona projects? Are they really needed or are they still super easy to find? And is the one with the louvers still ok? Or is that one no good? And lastly. What is an average price they sell for complete? If needed. thanks r

70 sublime

I have been looking for a while in my neck of the woods and have not come across any Vega hatches
The one with no louvers is the one to have

I am almost to the point of just getting the right rear plug as it seems they are reproducing them now and it would be better in the long run
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Old Moparz

Yes, they are worth getting, even the one with louvers. You are going to have a somewhat limited market if you are reselling but there are always people looking for them since they are not as common as they once were. Make sure you get the glass & trim as well.

Can't really say what they will go for, I traded for mine & I just don't see them for sale. If I had to buy one I'd spend between $150 & $200 for one with nice glass & trim.   :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

DoubleDlover

hi. thanks for the replies. I did hear about someone doing the correct ones. and I guess shipping would be a killer too. I hate to leave it behind. But it might not be worth  the work and money to get it unfortunitly.  what a bummer. r

Stevearino

I paid $250 for mine and if I was there I would pick up both for the glass and trim alone. There are quite a few clones out there that have used these and glass does break from time to time. I would get them and squirrel them away. The correct Daytona  glass is now being made but that would be no good to someone who used a Vega hatch in the first place. :Twocents:

billssuperbird

I have one that had louvers filled in and no glass it has trim if any is interested let me know

Old Moparz

One thing to add about the after market plugs, whether they are steel or fiberglass, is that they are very expensive. That means it's not in everyone's budget who might be building a replica Daytona & the Vega or Pontiac Astre hatch is the way to go. If I recall, the steel replicas are over $2000, the correct glass is over $600 & you still need the trim which I believe is more than the glass.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

DoubleDlover

well. Im starting to think I should get it if I can get them to make the price reasonable. And then maybe someone might need it down the line and it will help out someones project.

A383Wing

I would like to find one up here in NW Washington.....they are non-existent up here

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on September 22, 2015, 06:46:57 PM
I would like to find one up here in NW Washington.....they are non-existent up here
Lid/Gate
Chevy Vega   rust around window           2892   $Call   Central Grade Auto Parts USA-ID(Lewiston) E-mail 1-208-743-9505
Lid/Gate
Chevy Vega   usable rust around window           3082   $Call   Central Grade Auto Parts USA-ID(Lewiston) E-mail 1-208-743-9505

here is the closest i could find to you buddy
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

thanks, Stu...but that is a full days travel for me one way to get it if it's useable

DoubleDlover

would you beleave its actualy on a cosworth vega to boot!!! LOl In the junkyard. LOL

Charger-Bodie

I also have a nice one I'd let go for not a lot of cash.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............