News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My '68 Charger resto/build!

Started by MxRacer855, December 07, 2014, 05:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MxRacer855

Just a pic as she sat in the driveway while installing the brakes.  :coolgleamA:

:cheers:

Derwud

First, nice car... Beautiful paint?

Do you ride dirt bikes?
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

MxRacer855

Thanks Derwud!

Yeah, I've raced motocross for most of my life.
Got my pro license and national number (#855) back in '11 and have ran 3 or 4 close nationals every year.
We live just south of Chicago, so I run RedBud, Millville, and Iron Man in southern Indiana.
A few times we did Hangtown, Southwick, Freestone, and Muddy Creek. All outdoor stuff, no Supercross.

Thanks
Jeff

Derwud

I lived in Lislie for 2 years and rode at Buffalo Range... Strangely, Southwick is the only National track I have been to. Doug Henry was supposed to ride the race after he retired and before he got hurt.. Fantastic track...

WHITE AND RED 69

Looking sweet!

Good call on ditching the stock insulation, works like crap and just makes a big mess.  :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

cavemanno1

:2thumbs: she is a beauty Jeff!
How come you deleted the charger emblems on the sail panels or just not instalked them yet?
Bet you are over the moon by her!
Post more pictures of that black beauty! :drool5:

MxRacer855

Quote from: Derwud on August 14, 2015, 05:51:14 PM
I lived in Lislie for 2 years and rode at Buffalo Range... Strangely, Southwick is the only National track I have been to. Doug Henry was supposed to ride the race after he retired and before he got hurt.. Fantastic track...

That's awesome! That was my home track for sure. I wouldn't have got to go pro if it wasn't for that place. Too bad Buffalo shut down in '08. We used to ride there 5 days a week. Every now and then I'll drive out to Ottawa to juch see the weeds grow taller on the track. :-( After I walk down that mile long entrance of course... haha
Small world though! I ran Kawi out there. #214

MxRacer855

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 14, 2015, 06:17:01 PM
Looking sweet!

Good call on ditching the stock insulation, works like crap and just makes a big mess.  :2thumbs:
Thanks White and Red! I'm thinking about doing the whole car, trunk and all. I'm not sure how attractive that will look in the trunk area though... thoughts?

Jeff

MxRacer855

Quote from: cavemanno1 on August 14, 2015, 07:16:38 PM
:2thumbs: she is a beauty Jeff!
How come you deleted the charger emblems on the sail panels or just not instalked them yet?
Bet you are over the moon by her!
Post more pictures of that black beauty! :drool5:
Will do Caveman! Thank you. Emblems are definitely NOT deleted, just not installed yet.

Thanks
Jeff

MxRacer855

Here's a pic of me in '08 I just dug up Derwud.
Some Buffalo memories!

MxRacer855

Here's one quad in those doubles up front.

MxRacer855

Last but not least haha, I got kicked out for a month after doing this!
Jumping the berm after those two parking lot jumps, over the fence and using the parking lot as a downside. Haha

Thanks for the memories!

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: MxRacer855 on August 14, 2015, 12:33:16 PM
Just a pic as she sat in the driveway while installing the brakes.  :coolgleamA:

SWINGE!!!!!  how many stopped and talked as that sat on the driveway? :coolgleamA:

MxRacer855

Lol, a couple of people. I had more of the slow driving gazing people than anything. I really enjoy talking about it though and answering any questions people may have.  :yesnod:

Jeff

BYB69

Beautiful car and nice whip! I also ride, just healing from injury right now!

Derwud

Quote from: MxRacer855 on August 14, 2015, 10:34:26 PM
Quote from: Derwud on August 14, 2015, 05:51:14 PM

That's awesome! That was my home track for sure. I wouldn't have got to go pro if it wasn't for that place. Too bad Buffalo shut down in '08. We used to ride there 5 days a week. Every now and then I'll drive out to Ottawa to juch see the weeds grow taller on the track. :-( After I walk down that mile long entrance of course... haha
Small world though! I ran Kawi out there. #214
My last ride out there was Summer of 2000.. Rode the track a couple of times, but hit the nasty enduro stuff at every chance...

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: MxRacer855 on August 14, 2015, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on August 14, 2015, 06:17:01 PM
Looking sweet!

Thanks White and Red! I'm thinking about doing the whole car, trunk and all. I'm not sure how attractive that will look in the trunk area though... thoughts?

Jeff

I'd do as much as possible (doors, roof, package tray, and trunk) while everything is apart. Anything that helps get the rattles and heat out will make the car much more enjoyable.   :2thumbs:

I didn't go crazy in the trunk, just the floor. With the carpet or mat in place you can't even tell it is there. Eventually I will add it to the insides of the quarters but will build enclosures so you won't see it and keep it looking clean. 
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

MxRacer855

Thanks BYB69! Heal up!  :2thumbs:

Yeah Derwud, the trails were awesome. Always liked the waterfall area.

Jeff

MxRacer855

White and Red - will do!  :2thumbs:
I think I'll just line everything then. I just have to be careful on the roof, door, and quarter areas... I don't want to reverse dent that thin sheet metal after all of the body work and paint.  :eek2: :brickwall:  :flame:

Jeff

PlainfieldCharger

Jeff, great to see this car in person!! It will be incredible when get it on the road! The paint job and metal work are truly unreal!! :o :cheers:  :2thumbs:

68pplcharger

MxRacer855

Thanks guys!
After seeing it yesterday, it really came a long way from where it was, huh Kevin?  :rofl:

VegasCharger

Again very nice with this current update :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I was planning on doing the same with the insulation with Dynamat on the upper firewall area instead of the stock replacement stuff. I see Eastwood on the tiles, is that equivalent quality to the Dynamat brand? Cost cheaper?

I'm going to stick some inside the quarter window area inner walls and the doors inner walls. I love that thunk sound when closing the doors. Not sure if I'll do trunk area though unless I can hide it somehow.

Love that black paint job :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Great accomplishment. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

MxRacer855

Thanks Vegas!
Honestly, I don't know about the Eastwood "Dynamat"
A lot of guys on here say it's just as good if not better in quality at a fraction of the cost.

It was a very long, but easy installation process... but I'm really hoping for some great results when finished.

It only took two boxes to accomplish what's in the pictures. That's literally covering ever square inch.

Thanks

Jeff

MxRacer855

Dropping off a bunch of parts tomorrow to get Cadmium plated (Yoke, locking mechanisms, strikers, misc. parts).

Will post pics and updates when finished.

Jeff