News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another father & son deal.. 1st show 1st trophy

Started by keith88, September 20, 2015, 06:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

Although i have been to many cruises with my charger this was the 1st show that my son and i went to. He has helped with a lot with the work that i have done to it so it was rewarding to the both of us. After baking all day in the sun we were going to leave a little early when i was told by one of the officials that i might want to stay a bit and to look at my windshield ,when i did it said show award winner so we stayed and picked up our 1st trophy for being one of the top 25 out of 300 that showed.

Here's some pictures:

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

ECS

Quote from: keith88 on September 20, 2015, 06:45:50 PM
Although i have been to many cruises with my charger this was the 1st show that my son and i went to. He has helped with a lot with the work that i have done to it so it was rewarding to the both of us. After baking all day in the sun we were going to leave a little early when i was told by one of the officials that i might want to stay a bit and to look at my windshield ,when i did it said show award winner so we stayed and picked up our 1st trophy for being one of the top 25 out of 300 that showed.

That is fantastic!  Thanks for sharing and congratulations to both of you on completing & showing such a beautiful car.  May this special day last forever in the memories of both you and your Son!
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Lennard

68RT440

1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

mightywing7

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keith88

Thanks guys ..you know its funny i have been going to this show for over 30 years and its always been a show that i never won and wanted to with the camaro that i had at the time :RantExplode: ,had i known that all i needed was to buy a mopar i would have bought it long ago. :smilielol: Was extra special for sure this year!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

keith88

Picked up another yesterday, wasn't expecting this one either.

charge69

Congratulations on the trophy and being able to share the good times with your son.  It is a beautiful Charger and very worthy of the recognition.

It's beautiful !

skip68

Awesome.   :cheers:     :2thumbs:  
Should get a picture of you and your son both holding the trophies together with the car.    :yesnod:  
Then print and frame it.  He might not show much interest in a framed picture with dad today but he will later.    It's a great feeling that others appreciate what you've done with your car.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

white

PlainfieldCharger

Quote from: skip68 on October 12, 2015, 11:20:51 AM
Awesome.   :cheers:     :2thumbs:  
Should get a picture of you and your son both holding the trophies together with the car.    :yesnod:  
Then print and frame it.  He might not show much interest in a framed picture with dad today but he will later.    It's a great feeling that others appreciate what you've done with your car.   :2thumbs:
Get those pics with your son together! Years later it will be cherished!  Congrats on your build!!

cincyboy

Chargen69

:cheers: :cheers:

without the pushbar, that looks just like mine before we restored it