News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger front suspension

Started by Lewis, August 14, 2015, 02:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

Does anybody know how long it will take to replace the whole front suspension on a 73 charger? I've asked a garage and they couldn't give me even a rough time, and I haven't got a lot of money, so if anybody has done theirs would you be able to tell me a rough time limit so I could price the hours up please

Thanks
Lewis

flyinlow

If my 73 had been new when I did this and all I did was take the parts off and then put them back on with the right tools and a lift I would say about 6 hours. Plus alignment time which I don't do.

Now my 40 year old car on a lift with some of the right tools, cleaning, painting, replacing bushing, etc.  20 + hours over 3-4 days. Add more time for getting all the parts  and tools (made some of them) 

A good project to do over the winter.

Lewis

Okay thank you for the reply, only problem I have is I don't have anywhere to perform the work, I could do it myself just don't have anywhere to do it, so only choice is to take it to a garage, I'm not able to do work on the car at the moment  because of where it is :(