News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPAR Restoration Battery Source?

Started by Mfr426, April 04, 2006, 07:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hey folks, I'd love to get the OEM Mopar battery but $240 seems like too much money for this thing. Has any one found a source for these batteries where the price is more reasonable? I've had WAY too many $200 items for me to sneak this one by the honey at this point.

Thanks for any comments.

Mike R in Reading PA

Shakey

I think Bull did some research on this and posted a thread not too long ago.

Mfr426

Thanks Shaky, I'll try to pull it up in an advanced search. Dont know why but I have no luck using that feature?

Mfr426

This time I was successful! Thanks Shaky. I called them and the prices listed in the thread are correct plus add $26.00 shipping.

She said that you need to maintain the (lead acid) battery every 30 days buy giving it a full charge. Sounds like too much maintenance to me.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,10030.0.html

Shakey

Buy an old one at a salvage yard, clean it up and put it in the trunk when you go to a show.  When you get there, pop the hood, then the trunk, and swap em for the afternoon.  I saw a few at Moparfest last year selling for $20.00 CDN.  I'd have that thing drained and cleaned really well before I put it in my new battery tray.

Mfr426