News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 harmoic balancer options

Started by grdprx, July 14, 2015, 03:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdprx

I think my balancer is making noise, which can't be a good thing.  Researching on here, it looks like I have the "Bullet nose" one from the late 70s with an externally balanced cast crank, #3830482
http://www.440source.com/dampers.htm

What are my options for an aftermarket replacement? 

firefighter3931

That is definitely an external balance damper.  :yesnod:

Here's an aftermarket replacement that has bolt on weights so it can be used for both internal and external balance engines.  :2thumbs:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pfs-80013/overview/make/dodge

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

grdprx

Thank you Ron!  It's on order.   :cheers:

firefighter3931

You're welcome  :icon_smile_big:

The factory balancer looks tired....time for an upgrade  ;)

If it's making noise the end is near for it  :eek2:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

grdprx

Follow up question, should my torque converter also have a balance weight on it?

firefighter3931

Yes, the Tq converter for an external balance engine will have weights welded on. You should be able to see them with the inspection cover removed. You might have to rotate the engine around until they are visible.  :yesnod:

Ron

mopar0166

thiers not many options but im happy with my fluidamp one, think I got it from jegs