News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior code xa charcoal & black & funny story

Started by taxspeaker, July 18, 2015, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

My bird has black bucket seats, but the fender tag shows code XA interior charcoal & black. Does this mean the seats should have that charcoal piping-they are all black? I have always wondered about this but the seats are (supposed) to be original and the owner prior to me says they were never even unbolted. When I unbolted them several years ago they appeared to be the original, unturned seat bolts, and I even found a diamond ring box under the seat with a diamond ring in it that had been there for 20-30 years from its looks.

I got all excited when I opened that ring box and called my wife who has a friend who is a jeweler. The diamond was huge and there was a Rolex watch band in there too. She drove up to the jeweler with the box (but not me) and I told her to call me with the appraisal. About 30 minutes later the jeweler called me personally and asked if I was sitting down. As you can imagine my excitement increased even more-was it the Hope diamond, what about the watch band? He quietly says "I have big news" and I held my breath. He says well I will give you $10 for the jewelry box and I said how much for the ring-he said he didn't want that fake crap and why was I trying to embarass him -couldn't I tell fake when I saw it? Apparently not.

Still curious about the seat piping though!
Thanks

Arnie Cunningham

My understanding is that Mopar considers the outside (surrounding material) to be "Black" and the center (different texture) material to be "Charcoal".  Even though they both look black to me...
I suspect you already know this but the bench seat cars received the wide silver stripe on the seats and door panels and the bucket seat cars received the thin piping/stripe on the seats and door panels.  I don't think the color of the stripe is the charcoal Mopar was referring to.  Someone else chime in if I am incorrect on this.
Brennan
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

6bblgt

The 1970 Plymouth b-body P6XA bucket seat interiors (soft parts) should all be the same, anyone know anything to the contrary?

Here's the original rear seat from a Superbird, reproduction interiors are offered in many combinations that are NOT factory correct - including all "black".

Can anyone post pics of a current reproduction P6XA interior?

6bblgt

"charcoal" is shockingly non-black once you start paying attention

6bblgt

..... some details of the part numbers & dates stamped on the backside

6bblgt

269 9 = Friday 9/26/69
279 9 = Monday 10/6/69
287 9 = Tuesday 10/14/69
288 9 = Wednesday 10/15/69

Arnie Cunningham

AH! so the insert is "Black" and the sides/surrounding material is "charcoal".
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.