News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger

Started by blinkey, May 30, 2015, 08:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Guys,i was just wondering how much would the sheetmetal cost to fix that car up?Just a rough estimate?

Ghoste

Most of it can be had through AMD so if you are just wondering about a parts price, a quick trip through their catalog will get you there.

cavemanno1

Thanks!

I was going to bid on it and i wanted get a quick estimate!My fingers were itchy to get a charger already but the seller didn't respond back to me at all about the underside pictures!He went all out to shot a video and show the car well but not one single pictures of the underside and frames?  :shruggy:
$14,2k reserve not met!How much he wanted for it,20k? :slap:

VegasCharger

WOW buyers stood on their ground on this one. Usually it's the other way around.

So yea Cavemanno he could've had it set a 20k :shruggy:

cavemanno1

I need a car like that because labour is $16-17/hour over here in Hungary,cheap in your standard not so much in ours,and every car i saw had bondo all over it so they would have needed to be stripped down to bare metal anyway!
If we could have seen the frame rails and the underside of it i would have bid on it!

Ghoste

I`m kind of wondering what the hidden stuff looks like myself, is he hiding something or was he right to hold out for more money?

six-tee-nine

Quote from: cavemanno1 on June 03, 2015, 06:18:08 AM
I need a car like that because labour is $16-17/hour over here in Hungary,cheap in your standard not so much in ours,and every car i saw had bondo all over it so they would have needed to be stripped down to bare metal anyway!
If we could have seen the frame rails and the underside of it i would have bid on it!

And what about parts? Buying all that sheetmetal including shipping and paying import fees and taxes is another thing.
Once the stuff you buy doesnt fit in a US postal box most stuff goes out with UPS. i can tell you out of my own expierience that $500 shipping costs for an average package seems to be the going rate.....

My AMD roofshell was seafreight because with something like UPS (=airfreight) the shipping price would have been more than the cost of the part.
And over here we pay 21% import tax on goods INCLUDING freight costs, so $500 for parts and another $500 for shipping makes $ 210 import tax, then add some customs handling fees and I'm out of almost $1300 for a $ 500 part...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

six-tee-nine

Just another idea, i know of some guys that bought a project car, that flew over to the states.
Check out the car yourself, make it a holiday, buy as much parts for the car as you can and stuff them in the car before you put in the sea container.

That saves a large buck on future shiping and you could also avoid some import fees if you let the invoices for the parts you bought "dissapear".
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...